Author Thread: Why do so many women feel the need to wear makeup?
Admin

Why do so many women feel the need to wear makeup?
Posted : 2 Sep, 2018 12:00 PM

One thing about women that I can't understand is that many feal the need to wear makeup.

I can't seem to wrap my head around this. Is this because some women feel insecure about thier looks? Or would you say it more cultural and that society pushes women to have a fake artificial appearance? Or maybe I just don't get it as a guy?

Personally I always felt that people (not just women) look rather odd and in some cases ugly when wearing makeup.

Your thoughts?

Brandyccc

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Sep, 2018 08:42 PM

I think it's a personal preference, such as some guys prefer to appear clean shaven, and some prefer the look of a beard.

I think some makeup (not overdone), can help to bring out a woman's natural beauty, not change her looks entirely.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Sep, 2018 08:38 AM

I like it when women wear make up. It makes them look nice.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Sep, 2018 08:49 AM

I can get being clean shaven and being well kept.

But how can ones natural beauty come out with something fake like makeup? To me it like lieing about your appearance.

Brandyccc

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Sep, 2018 09:38 AM

Well, with me for example, my very light eyebrows would not match my brown hair, so I wear some brown eyebrow color so as not to look silly, and to look natural, with eyebrows matching my hair,,,nothing that is ''over the top'', but I just want to look normal! lol I have known some men to actually use an eyebrow pen to look ''normal''. Makeup can help us feel good about ourselves....But if you mean too much makeup, I agree, when it is overdone, it does look silly, and not normal!

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Sep, 2018 12:25 PM

To me any makeup is to much. But the more the worse you look. I think it's rather silly that one would feel the need to improve their outward appearance in such away and can't accept themselves for what they are.

Every time I see someone with makeup Its like they feel they have nothing to offer as a person so they try to make themselves look better to make up for a poor personality. I know that not always the case, but that how I feel about it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Sep, 2018 12:26 PM

To me any makeup is to much. But the more the worse you look. I think it's rather silly that one would feel the need to improve their outward appearance in such away and can't accept themselves for what they are.

Every time I see someone with makeup Its like they feel they have nothing to offer as a person so they try to make themselves look better to make up for a poor personality. I know that not always the case, but that how I feel about it.

Brandyccc

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Sep, 2018 01:29 PM

Okay,,,Just for the record,,, Personally,,,I'm not wearing a little eyebrow makeup to cover for a poor personality..just so you know. :)

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Sep, 2018 05:49 AM

From my point of view I see no problem in putting up make up. Its just the same as putting on a new nice dress. It improves one's appearance and nothing is bad about that. I think its you who need to change your way of thinking. Even if one put on make up she only realise it if she looks in a mirror. Once she moves away from the mirror she forgets how she looks like so said Jesus. Us as christians we should consider most the inside of a person, thats the heart. What comes out of the mouth is from the heart. So guys take care of your bald heads and beard while we take care of our faces/outward appearances. Remember the natural has no freshness in it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Sep, 2018 03:09 PM

Thanks for the replys everyone. You all confirmed my suspicion. Most people that wear makeup have problems with what they are and feel they have to cover themselves up or lie about their appearance.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Sep, 2018 09:44 PM

I wouldn't say that they are trying to lie. I didn't wear makeup for years. Then I tried some mascara. I liked the way I looked, I liked the way I felt about myself. It gave me the extra bit of confidence that many women need to feel pretty. No woman wants to look ugly. We ALL want to be beautiful. Some go over the top with fake everything or way too much makeup. But a hint of makeup to accentuate the beauty that is there can't be a bad thing.

Page : 1 2