Author Thread: Free and Open Source Software
Admin

Free and Open Source Software
Posted : 7 Sep, 2018 03:44 AM

I am a big fan of free and open source software, for both practical and ethical reasons, but primarily for ethical reasons. Therefore I do not like to use Skype, WhatsApp, Gmail, Windows, IOS, Mac OS. But most people, especially most women are ignorant on the matter.

otismusic

View Profile
History
Free and Open Source Software
Posted : 8 Jul, 2021 02:39 PM

it could destroy us if we let it do all the work...we would all become dumber, why bother? get a bot, get an app, neural net to figure what you want next, no need for learning.....Neo Luddites prefer to have their Pi and eat it. ...simplicity and limitation encourages ingenuity and growth...lack is the maternal identifier for invention..and as males we know, if the woman wants and nags, we have to, go, design, test, make.... With all our understanding, we are nothing without the needs of others...no man is an island, but when you have kids...you can dream of such a one...remote, deserted, a workshop, a store and prepacked meals...and the means to answer any question as quickly and as simply as we can...just leave us alone to get on with it..every man is a nerd, they just need a question, I just wish women would also do that, they have the ability, they just parcel out responsibilty as they run the house....LOL...not PC at all....probably why I'm tempted by the M1 mac.....

Page : 1 2