Author Thread: Just friends.......
Admin

Just friends.......
Posted : 14 Sep, 2018 02:03 PM

Hello gentlemen. Wouldn't it be nice to have someone to chat with, or to go for a walk with, or have a nice meal with, etc., etc. even if there wasn't any intimacy? For me personally, I am starting to realize that a love connection blessed by God might not be in my future, and I think I would just be grateful for a nice christian man to just do things with. I have never had a "just friends" relationship with a man, but I thought it might work now that I am older. Any thoughts??

JamesEG

View Profile
History
Just friends.......
Posted : 16 Sep, 2018 10:59 AM

DbMaree, I think that's a great idea.

Ideally, I believe even romantic relationships would begin as platonic friendships, doing things together with a friend with whom one shares common interests, goals, and morals.

It is important to communicate that fact clearly in the relationship though.

View Profile
History
Just friends.......
Posted : 16 Sep, 2018 12:15 PM

Thank you for the input - and for the last comment about the need to communicate our intentions. Communicating our intentions helps us be considerate of the other person's feelings. Just to reiterate, I have never had a "just friends" relationship, and I am not really sure at this time if it is doable. It sounds like a nice thing but I haven't met anyone who might want to give it a try. I read your profile, and if you are legit - awesome and all glory to God!!

View Profile
History
Just friends.......
Posted : 16 Sep, 2018 12:56 PM

I agree with James, jumping to a romantic relationship seems like skipping step one.

View Profile
History
Just friends.......
Posted : 16 Sep, 2018 01:42 PM

Thank you for the input - God bless!

JamesEG

View Profile
History
Just friends.......
Posted : 19 Sep, 2018 09:26 AM

DbMaree, thanks for your kinds words. I'm blessed with a few such friendships.

Finding receptive individuals and communicating one's intentions clearly are keys to success in developing friendship only relationships with members of the opposite sex, as I see it.

Enjoy God's blessings! James

View Profile
History
Just friends.......
Posted : 19 Sep, 2018 01:27 PM

You be blessed as well

View Profile
History
Just friends.......
Posted : 5 Oct, 2018 12:13 PM

Long story short, men are capable of just being friends with woman but ONLY if they are not attracted to them. To a man a woman is either a "sister", not at all important or a potential partner....

View Profile
History
Just friends.......
Posted : 11 Oct, 2018 12:33 PM

Great point - thanks!

View Profile
History
Just friends.......
Posted : 11 Oct, 2018 04:11 PM

@rambo919

That is not even remotely true