Author Thread
JamesEG

View Profile
Long Term Relationship
Posted : 10 Apr, 2024 11:48 AM

Long term relationship likely has many different definitions for various persons.

For me, it indicates I would not want to rush into marriage or a romantic relationship. I'd prefer developing a relationship slowly over time if common goals, interests, and morals exist.

But I'm happy being single and celibate. My definition only applies to me. Each person is different.

If in doubt, ask a particular person what the term means to them.

JamesEG

View Profile
Personal information sharing
Posted : 28 Jan, 2024 10:54 AM

I would not give out any personal information to an initial contact. I would keep communication limited to this site until knowing much more information about a contact.

I receive many contacts from women who leave a phone number or WhatsApp contact, and I ignore them. Most eventually have their accounts deleted by CDFF. I'm guessing many are spammers.

JamesEG

View Profile
If a guy suddenly teases you, could it mean he likes you?
Posted : 18 Jul, 2023 01:13 PM

HazelEyesSparkle, from what you've written, he seems interested in you.

But it's always good to avoid proceeding too quickly in relationships.

Straightforward conversations with him when time permits may allow you both to determine whether you share enough common goals, morals, and interests to progress into a closer friendship or more later.

JamesEG

View Profile
'Faith in Humanity'
Posted : 18 Jul, 2023 01:04 PM

We are to trust and obey God, not men.

However, we can love all humans while seeking to be careful about getting too close too soon to them.

And we never ought to put any human relationship above God.

JamesEG

View Profile
Guys never show interest in me, what could be the reason
Posted : 22 May, 2023 10:26 AM

After persons graduate there are fewer opportunities to meet new people than in a school setting with classes of persons, extracurricular activities, etc.

However, your profile states you live in Los Angeles. In such a huge city there are likely large numbers of single Christians in your age group.

You may meet them in a church service. There are probably multiple churches in your city with activities for volunteering, socializing, etc. At least one likely has many singles in your age group.

Also, when you are at a church, park, beach, library, concert, volunteering, working, and at other places doing things you enjoy, smile and be friendly. Converse with persons you are interested in. This can help you meet people. Smiling and making eye contact in a friendly way can help. But sometimes it's a good defense mechanism to not be too friendly.

Also, seek to avoid dangerous, risky situations. A church, library, or other public setting is probably safer than some others to meet people.

Perhaps most important, seek to avoid rushing into the wrong kind of relationship. Doing the things you enjoy doing and conversing in a friendly manner while making it clear you are a Christian who wants to build friendships with others who share common interests rather than "hooking up" may help you build the right relationships with the right people.

Talking to your parents as others have suggested, as well as trusted Christian female friends, can be helpful too. They may be able to give you more constructive advice.

Finally, some of the happiest people I know (including me) are people who remain single. You may find that stopping looking for a boyfriend and just becoming more involved in serving God and others, as well as church, may give you fulfillment. And when you stop actively looking for a boyfriend, that may be when the right person pops up at the right time in the right way with common interests, goals, morals, etc.

JamesEG

View Profile
Would you find it odd of another guy messaged you?
Posted : 23 Apr, 2023 10:34 AM

As long as the guy made it clear he was only interested in friendship I wouldn't mind.

Persons on the website exclusively to seek a spouse might find it offensive though.

JamesEG

View Profile
What should I do in this situation
Posted : 26 Feb, 2023 10:41 AM

Personally, I would probably ask him straightforward questions about his delayed responses. Maybe even ask if he's decided he just wants to be casual friends and if so, the specific reason(s) if he's comfortable sharing them.

If you've already asked such questions (and you seem maybe to have), and he was evasive, I'd consider him just a casual friend, and not expect more.

JamesEG

View Profile
Ghosting
Posted : 3 Jan, 2023 10:32 AM

Debbie, I wasn't familiar with the term ghosting.

But if what I just found on a Google search is correct, ghosting occurs when someone cuts off contact with another person without giving a reason.

If that definition is correct, I guess the person doesn't want to continue contact for some reason, but is too embarrassed to explain why for some reason or seeks to avoid hurting the person. I think both men and women do it.

It is rude, but persons often dislike hurting persons by expressing a direct rejection. And often the reason for ending the contact may have nothing to do with something the victim of ghosting did.

At any rate, ghosting seems to be inappropriate. I hope it doesn't occur to you often.

JamesEG

View Profile
How should women respond to creeps?
Posted : 5 Dec, 2022 09:13 AM

The fact that they took that down indicates it was inappropriate. If you'd reported the original message, that person's account would probably have been deleted.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, spammers who contact me usually have their accounted deleted by administrators before I even open my account to see their message. I'm guessing they spam others who contact administrators, or administrators have other ways of checking on them.

JamesEG

View Profile
How should women respond to creeps?
Posted : 5 Dec, 2022 09:10 AM

Kay444, I'm not sure what the "creeps" do, and might not want to know the details.

But you can report anyone violating Christian Dating for Free's terms to the website's administrators.

Spammers who contact me have their accounts deleted before I even see their message.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10