Author Thread: Why do guys use this greeting?
Admin

Why do guys use this greeting?
Posted : 19 Sep, 2018 12:49 PM

Why do so many guys start a message with "hello beautiful" or something similar?

For me, it is a turn off when guys greet me this way. It seams like they are flirting, or they are overly focused on appearances. It seems like it would be much better to say �hi, my name is _____. How are you today?� or something like that.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Sep, 2018 01:31 PM

I agree. Sounds like your atracting shallow men. Id toss them a curve ball if your not interested. Like call ugly not too short. or bluntly tell them your not interested in them.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Sep, 2018 04:15 AM

I'm guessing that they thought you'd be flattered by it, some women are won over by sweet words. I personally don't like people being over familiar with me. I think terms of endearment are best saved for those we know well.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Sep, 2018 11:16 AM

You would think, a Christian man would know better. This is a Christian site. However, many here probably are not practicing. Just my opinion.

dekota54

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Sep, 2018 01:07 PM

I think its just a greeting in hopes of starting things off on a good note..I think if you have an issue you should tell them maybe that there is more to you then the outside. but wouldn't judge based on a msg. thing like a msg. can be taken many ways.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2018 10:09 AM

I believe that you are over reacting. We all are beautiful children of God. A positive comment is an at of kindness. Take it as such.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2018 11:53 AM

Maybe that's simply the limit of their witty ice-breaking skills? Remember they do not actually know you, they know nothing of you beyond what is in your profile.... what exactly are they supposed to say that does not sound moronic to someone that actually knows you? Also men are generally not really big on inter-personal talking anyway.... whole conversations are (hyperbolically) made up of grunts, ooh and uhms.

The typical male greeting is "hi" compared to the typical female greeting of whatever paragraph she feels like at the time. When a man asks "how are you doing" to anyone else as a greeting he typically does not actually care one way or another.... he just can't think of anything better to say.... and this is between long time friends.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2018 05:24 PM

I have to disagree 100% with the above post.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2018 02:24 PM

Funny most of the the guys that emailed me that way were banned from this site! LOL!

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2018 08:50 AM

I have received the same comment ????

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2018 08:52 AM

.... I have no picture.