Author Thread: why reject Mr. Nice Guy? Part two!
Admin

why reject Mr. Nice Guy? Part two!
Posted : 22 Oct, 2018 01:22 AM

By Mr Nice Guy I mean the chivalry type of guy. The guy who writes poems, letters and notes. The guy who buys flowers, candy and gifts. The guy who opens doors, takes your coat and pulls out your chair. The guy who sends good morning and goodnight messages everyday. The guy who goes out of his way to be gentle, kind and caring. You know, the guy who women say are smothering and clingy. Why reject that guy when he's trying to be your Boaz? So many Christian women say they want their very own Boaz but reject him when he comes along. Do y'all really not like the attention or do y'all just not like it from somebody you don't find attractive?

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2018 02:55 PM

greatgaroo, you're right, I don't know you, therefore I am not placed to judge you. The only thing we all need know is that mercy triumphs over judgment. I would also agree there is far too much elaborate nonsense peddled on here which needs to be given short shrift, just not fully in this instance.

Speaking of nonsense, when I questioned the same as you, my imprudent flesh wanted me to view things like an equation: chivalrous + handsome = romantic (favourable response) and chivalrous - handsome = creepy (no response). Conversely, my spirit saw things in another light; no response simply equated to not God's will. That simplicity became my frame of reference and my peace. May God bless you too in the Name above all others.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2018 05:30 PM

There's all kind of scenario's of women rejecting nice guys. We, as men, can assume, analysis, guess and try to figure it out or we can simply ask the women. I chose to ask the women, hoping for some direct answers, it seems that most answers simply involve either a "fake nice guy" from their past that done them wrong or physical attraction. I'm just going to keep being the man of God I'm supposed to be and wait on the woman of God that I know is out there for me. I've come to the conclusion that it don't really matter why women reject Mr Nice Guy's, it only matters that we continue to be nice. Jesus told His disciples that if somebody don't receive your words and welcome you then shake the dust off and move on. It's not my place to make any woman accept a nice guy, I'm just curious why they do it. Have a blessed night.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2018 05:15 AM

Girls simply prefer the bad boys, even the christian ones.... Confidence and directness seems to be the key, but I haven't mastered it just yet.

I've been watching these far from average videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Iaz96RkYE-MOjnq5NPgqw

Give them a quick look.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2018 06:08 AM

You're right, girls do tend to be drawn to the bad boy type with confidence and directness but only if they are physically attracted to them. I am a Mr Nice Guy type with a bad boy flare with a ton of confidence and directness, I'm a funny Guy to be around, I'm a hard worker, I treat women like a princess, I show the up most respect to them and I'm not an ugly man but I am an overweight man and that makes me less desirable in women's eyes. Whether it's your weight, your looks, your height, your baldness, your muscle tone or even your voice, most people in general pay to much attention to physical attraction and don't allow enough time to find out who the person truly is. That is a worldly way to be and NOT Christ like at all. Do you know that Jesus Christ was not comely to look upon? He purposefully was not made good looking so people wouldn't follow Him based on His looks. I'll try to find the scripture and post it. People don't have it in them to just simply say "you're to ugly for me, so they come up with a million other reasons to reject somebody", it's as simple as that. God bless

Melissam871

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2018 10:57 AM

Sorry to cut in, but you have just come out with a key point to your question. Everyone is attracted to different things in people a d so beauty is subjective. Someone will be attracted to you, as we all have different things we are attracted to. Personally the tone of a guys voice and his eyes are key for me. But everyone else is different. In my experience guys have always been worse for putting looks first. So please don't see this as just an issue with girls.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2018 01:22 PM

greatgaroo, the cited scripture is Isaiah 53:2 - For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

The verse isn't flawlessly congruous with your analogy because the women who choose to follow Jesus have done so based on what they have heard; having not seen Christ in a manner relating to the physical body. Who's to say some women don't decide on a potential husband accordingly?

In view of all circumstances, we are children by grace, not by nature, and many are yet to excel in the putting off of the old man (nature). We should bear this in mind when a fellow member of the faith doesn't quite meet the benchmark set by the Master of the house.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2018 02:38 PM

Sevendust, thank you for looking up the scripture. I appreciate that. Now, if really stop to think about my using the scripture in my post, it really does fit. I was simply pointing out that looks should not matter so much, no matter what the circumstances are. We are supposed to be Christ like and since Christ didn't put emphasise on looks then neither should we. At least not make it all about looks. Makes perfect sense but hey everybody see's things different. God bless

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2018 02:47 PM

Melissam871, you cut in anytime. Always like hearing from you. Trust me, this is a human issue not just a woman thing. I just posted it under ask a girl to get real feed back on why "Mr Nice Guy" is or is not for them. I also look (or listen) for the tone of a woman's voice, it speaks volumes about them (no pun intended). Humans in general pay to much attention to physical attraction but in my case it is about women because I ain't looking for no man, lol. Have a blessed day/night

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2018 03:08 PM

Amen. Both interpretations are easily unified by the same teaching. Peace be with you sir.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2018 06:55 PM

Thank you and God bless

Page : 1 2 3 4