Author Thread: Yers, mines or mutual...
Admin

Yers, mines or mutual...
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 12:36 PM

Hey ladies, I have noticed that quite a few of you have the opinion that on a first date or meeting it should be the man's decision as for what to do or where to go. I'm curious what yer thoughts are and why? Is it biblical for a first date/meeting?

ps. rock paper scissors works for me... :goofball:

View Profile
History
Yers, mines or mutual...
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 02:50 PM

Ha! Rock, paper, scissors! That's funny :laugh:

Well, for me personally, I'm just really indecisive. And most guys want to plan the event anyway. I think for a first date, either the guy should plan it, or we should plan it together. For the second date, if the guy wanted me to surprise him or just simply plan the date, I'd be cool with that.

View Profile
History
Yers, mines or mutual...
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 04:01 PM

I usually have a job that is very demanding and have to make a good share of decisions. When it comes to dating and planning time together, i like someone else to take the lead. I'm grateful when a great or simple time is planned. About half the time i can make the plans, and am very good at planning great activities (ie: flying lesson, fencing lesson followed by new age health treatment). Also, i tend to have preferences. So if i say, you decide/or i don't care, that means, please you make the choice.... but not too spicey of food please.:eat:

gamegal

View Profile
History
Yers, mines or mutual...
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 06:01 PM

Personally, I'm kind of picky too so a mutual agreement works well for me for a first date especially. Once someone knows me well enough, I love surprises but tend to be hard to surprise.:rolleyes:

View Profile
History
Yers, mines or mutual...
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 07:01 PM

I don't mind planning. I like when a guy plans just so I don't have to. (takes the pressure off me) I really enjoy myself most anywhere anyway. :peace:

I like your rock, paper, scissors idea, or ummmm draw from a hat works too.

View Profile
History
Yers, mines or mutual...
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 07:06 PM

Hey ladies, I have noticed that quite a few of you have the opinion that on a first date or meeting it should be the man's decision as for what to do or where to go. I'm curious what yer thoughts are and why? Is it biblical for a first date/meeting?

No its not Biblical to me. I dont mind making a decision to meet for the 1st time. My own opinion about a man making a decision would not to make all of them by himself if I was around to change it.jk

View Profile
History
Yers, mines or mutual...
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 07:36 PM

As far as a biblical issue, there is nothing about this at all so it's not even a question of what the Bible says. It's strictly a matter of culture - what is the cultural norm? Obviously in our pluralistic society, the "norm" has changed over the years, but originally, it has been a task for the guy. Now-a-days, it's really just a matter of preference. There is no "right" or "wrong" way. Just go with what you prefer.

slj3_1

View Profile
History
Yers, mines or mutual...
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 09:01 PM

I have never asked a man out in my life, but if I did then I would decide where to go. You ask me out, you decide. Just make sure there's coffee. ( And lots of napkins 'cause I'm gonna be so nervous I know I'll spill it).:laugh:

Sandy

View Profile
History
Yers, mines or mutual...
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 09:09 PM

How about Tic Tac Toe!!!??? I'm old school. I like the man to take the initiative but an willing to give input, if asked. I am also not a wimp. My views are solely based on my beliefs about the male species.

View Profile
History
Yers, mines or mutual...
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 09:28 PM

You woman are great! Thanks for your answers. To be honest I would feel obligated on an actual date to make the arrangements and to the best of my ability make it comfortable and romantic and hopefully knowing something of her preferences in advance by bribing family or friends...lol

View Profile
History
Yers, mines or mutual...
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 05:52 AM

Ok, I may be thinking like an ex-cop here, but heres my thing: I'm like you with rock, paper scissors thing-ee but ladies should always take proper precautions which include:

- Driving their own vehicle (unless they have spent time). Avoid having a "new" guy pick you up at your door.

- Telling someone where they are going

- **Trusting your instincts no matter what even if that means having a friend be at that destination

- Making sure there are people around/public place

- and as my mom used to say have "mad money"!lol

If it seems I'm a bit too cautious...pretend we're talking about your own precious and beloved daughters. I spent quite a bit of time working as a cop and in prisons. TRUST GOD and be wise too even with those presenting themselves as Christians! It would be utopia if the world was as nice as we all would like it! Just a thought from someone whose seen waaay to much!

Love your posts!

Page : 1 2