Author Thread: New to dating
Admin

New to dating
Posted : 31 Oct, 2018 05:23 AM

I have never been in a relationship or dated. I have had a battle with shyness when I was younger and it took quite awhile to work out of it. Then my sister and brother in law moved in with me till they could get back on their feet with medical bills with their first born son. I got used to being a huge loner.

I want to work on putting myself out there. I would like to find my best friend and soulmate to spend the rest of my life with. I plan on starting out as friends first and see where that goes. Anyone got any advice for me? Is online dating a good idea? I would like to hear some advice.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
New to dating
Posted : 31 Oct, 2018 05:41 AM

Yes I think online dating is a good idea, I would also recommend joining a local meet up group. It's a very good way of getting out and about and meeting new people.

View Profile
History
New to dating
Posted : 31 Oct, 2018 09:24 AM

Check out some Gary Chapman dating help books. He is a Christian marriage and relationship councilor. "The 5 love languages" is a good one to start with. God bless

Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
New to dating
Posted : 29 Dec, 2018 06:46 PM

Hi Dave. I would recommend 2 books to you, both by Joshua Harris (a Christian author). They are: (1) Boy Meets Girl, and (2) I Kissed Dating Goodbye. I hope you find them informative. God bless you on your search.

LaughterIsGoodMedici

View Profile
History
New to dating
Posted : 23 Mar, 2019 02:13 AM

God has the best advice