Author Thread: cell phones
Admin

cell phones
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 07:10 PM

dear folks, what do you think if youre on a date and your date answers their cell phone and its not an emergenct from their kids of summin? would that bother you?

ole cattle

View Profile
History
cell phones
Posted : 25 Jun, 2009 04:52 PM

SOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT COOL -- Put da puppy on mute or vibe -- HELLO on a DATE or ARE THEY ??????? Hmmmmmmmm

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
cell phones
Posted : 25 Jun, 2009 05:19 PM

I don�t think that would bother me � what one sees as a �necessary� call is up to them, I guess. As long the person said something like �I don�t mean to be rude, but I have to take this call, excuse me for a second� and made it a short call. No calls during dinner unless it�s necessary/urgent or emergency though. But that�s just my opinion and personally I wouldn�t answer a call, but that�s just me.

Answering the phone to chat or BS with a friend is obviously not respectful, but I understand that people have personal things going on and have people who need to get a hold of them for whatever reason (not necessarily any of my business to ask). I would expect a person�s phone to be set on silent/vibrate though.

If you are expecting an important call you need to answer (whether it be from family or your job, etc), it�s probably just best to say something about that at the start of the date, just out of respect for the other person.

But�we also have voicemail for a reason. The best thing you could do is to let someone leave a message and if you feel compelled to hear it, excuse yourself and listen to the message. Not really a big deal.

I�ve had a cell phone since I was like 16 or 17 years old though, so I�m just used to friends taking a call whenever they wish. Doesn�t bother me, since I�m used to it�and I�m guilty of doing it as well. But it�s different being with friends than if you�re on a date. Also, it depends on how long you�ve been dating the person and your comfort level, etc. There is a big difference between how you act on the first date - and a date after you�ve been seeing each other for a longer period of time.

Some people put more etiquette towards phone usage then others�it all really comes down to personal opinion and the situation I guess. It could also be a generational thing�

What�s your opinion ole cattle?

View Profile
History
cell phones
Posted : 25 Jun, 2009 05:29 PM

dear angel, my opinion is this.. if it aint an emergency then id find it very rude and disrespectful and wouldnt ask them out again.. this is a date im speakin of.. not like later on after youve been together awhile and you may spend the whole day with them on the weekend or summin.. in them cases id expect them to have to make a few calls back to some folks. same as i would ifn youre gonna be gone all day..

ole cattle

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
cell phones
Posted : 25 Jun, 2009 05:44 PM

Ok, mainly you mean the first date and even the 'getting to know each other dates' - I can totally respect your opinion about that and like I said I personally wouldn't answer the phone.

View Profile
History
cell phones
Posted : 25 Jun, 2009 05:50 PM

dear angel, thats cool.. i was hopin i dont come off as too stiff necked lol.. just the way i feel..

ole cattle

slj3_1

View Profile
History
cell phones
Posted : 25 Jun, 2009 08:47 PM

Dear Cattle,

Phones off. Period. We all have voice mail and the first date probably won't last too long anyway. if it does last a long time..... I'm not gonna wanna talk to anyone else:hearts:

Sandy

Redwingshockey

View Profile
History
cell phones
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 12:34 AM

not that I have been on many dates.... okay fine I've only been on one.. but I left my phone in my truck and my Date brought her phone in and was texting the entire time >:O also she left for about a 10min call in the middle of dinner.... worst date ever.... and it had to be my FIRST first date... go figure

God Bless

Alex

View Profile
History
cell phones
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 08:31 AM

dear redwing, welcome to the forums.. and thats what im talkin bout.. that lady did you wrong far as im concerned..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
cell phones
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 04:42 PM

Alex -- you are such a gentleman -- but, you should've paid the bill, called her a cab and told her to keep herself occupied by texting......LOL

An then get in your vehicle and say ADIOS

Redwingshockey

View Profile
History
cell phones
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 09:35 AM

I was the genleman and I DID pay for the bill and a movie that we decided not to go to..... I gave her the rain check tickets

Page : 1 2