Author Thread: Dear men, brothers! Should a woman work, provide for her family in half? Your understanding, opinion?
Kateryna_1979

View Profile
History
Dear men, brothers! Should a woman work, provide for her family in half? Your understanding, opinion?
Posted : 6 Feb, 2019 12:16 PM

Dear men, brothers! Should a woman work, provide for her family in half? Your understanding, opinion?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2019 06:00 PM

I’m not sure in what sense you mean by “work”. Your context mentioned, “provide for her family in half”.

I take that to mean a woman working to provide half the families income in concert to her husband’s income.

I’ve always believed a man should be the primary provider of his family. That frees his wife to provide stability at home and perhaps to home school their children. I’m note a fan of public school “education”

The Proverbs 31 woman worked and I agree with that Biblical perspective. But I fault the modern equivalent of drafting mothers and wives off to unsecured work environments with other men.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Sep, 2022 09:26 AM

The Proverbs 31 woman definitely worked and was praised for her works.