Author Thread: Denominationalism, Sectarianism and the Believer
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Denominationalism, Sectarianism and the Believer
Posted : 21 Mar, 2019 09:34 AM

Definition of denominationalism. 1 : devotion to denominational principles or interests. 2 : the emphasizing of denominational differences to the point of being narrowly exclusive : sectarianism. Marriam-Webster

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2019 09:50 AM

Nothing typlifies laziness better than denominationalism.

It’s sooooo easy to sit and get spoon fed by the mighty guardians of the great denomination. They tell you what to believe and how to think. It’s so convenient. You don’t mustn’t really question anything, well, maybe a little bit ok but don’t you dare probe too deeply.

This type of credulity is not biblical. In fact the Bible protests intellectual slothfulness!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2019 11:11 AM

My, my, Little David. How ironic, considering conversations in another thread where you cling to man made interpretations of the Bible over those of the Bible itself. The Bible was not written by Calvinist Reformers. The Bible was written by Jews (excepting Luke). Not only by Jews, but Jews who lived 2-3 thousand years ago within an eastern mindset - not western. Yet anyone who disagrees with your Modern, Western, Gentile interpretations of Scripture is considered anathema?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2019 12:04 PM

Sadlup stop whining sour grapes and make your case if you can.

Reading in the white spaces of scripture and other texts has brought you to your present confusion. All I want to do is help.

I never said anything about Calvinism in any of my recent posts about the Trinity. Are you reading stuff in the white spaces again

Here’s an assignment for you. A small excercise in critical thinking 101. Find the alleged reference to Calvinism you saw and share it. Then let’s talk.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2019 12:46 PM

I never claimed you said anything about Calvinism. I just recognized the similarities been your preaching and their doctrines. Now that I've addressed your attempt to side step the point you've avoided answering: Why do you persist in using an anachronistic biblical context to judge and condemn others?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2019 01:31 PM

Who’s judging you??

Accusing me of judging is a judgment.

BTW if judging is wrong, why do you engage in it?? Isn’t that a bit inconsistent?

The fact you continue with that old “stop judging me” college snowflake canard is evidence of one unaquainted with critic analysis.

I’m trying to have a meaningful discussion but you just wanna accuse.

You could take part by constructively making your case.

In the meantime I’m trying to point you to the authority of God’s Word. I assume you believe in the authority of Genesis thru to Revelations, don’t you?

If you can’t take handle criticism or answer questioning in an open forum then take up checkers

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2019 03:33 PM

@Little David,

I do not judge you, only God can judge you. I judge your actions. Criticism is welcomed if it is sincerely constructive crictism. I have made my case. You have yet to answer. Why do you think you can judge others using a Modern, Western, Gentile interpretation of Scripture when the Text is Ancient, Eastern and Jewish?