Author Thread: Intermittent Connection
Iamjwdessi

View Profile
History
Intermittent Connection
Posted : 6 May, 2019 07:19 PM

I grew up in a Christian family. My dad used to be a pastor. Went to a Christian school throughout Elementary. Been reading the bible the first few years of my life. Was raised by my grandma who would wake up 3 in the morning to pray and then we would go to church spend the whole day their til noon since she's part of the choir. From then until now. Im not sure what happened. Im very far from who I was. Surrounding myself with people who I know would help me get closer to Him but there's this invisible thread, always finding it's way to knock my cards down. Every corner I turn there's temptation. And everything hurts. I want to be alone. But I dont want to be left alone. I think I hurt people. I know what to do. At the same time I dont. I used to hear His voice but now I dont.

Princess1957

View Profile
History
Intermittent Connection
Posted : 7 Jun, 2019 09:14 PM

Keep the faith dear don't give up Jesus hears u

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Intermittent Connection
Posted : 1 Mar, 2020 04:06 AM

Hello,

I read your comments, but what are the cards you are talking about?

Loree7

View Profile
History
Intermittent Connection
Posted : 1 Mar, 2020 11:06 AM

Well, you have admitted to stepping away from the Lord. Have you repented of doing so? 1 John 1:9 promises, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Without repentance, the breech is still there. What is repentance? Thinking the same way about right and wrong as God, desiring the changes, and turning toward Truth.

Are you daily in the Word? God talks to us through His Word, the Bible.

Are you seeking Him? Jeremiah 29:13 states that we are to call upon him, seek him and find him when we search with all our heart.

Is your grandmother still alive? Talk with her.

Find someone more mature spiritually and ask for accountability in your relationship with God. God tells us to bear one another's burdens. He also says to confess our faults one to another.

There is a book by Henry Blackaby called "Experiencing God". You might want to read it.

Jen Wilkins has two books that would be beneficial for you, "Women of the Word" and "None Like Him."

Keep contending for the faith.