Posted : 17 May, 2019 05:50 AM

Colossians 2 chapter -

Not Legalism but Christ

NKJV

View Profile
History
Not Philosophy but Christ
Posted : 17 May, 2019 07:23 AM

What about Messiah in that chapter, be more specific. Post the scriptures with your answer.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2019 11:21 AM

There is safety in abiding in the presence of God.

Read Psalm 91 NKJV

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2019 01:43 PM

Colossians chapter 2 is **LOADED** with Great Scriptures such as:

Colossians 2:2,3,6,13-17: My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and **UNITED IN LOVE**, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding. in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ. In whom are hidden **ALL THE TREASURES OF WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE**... So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, **OVERFLOWING WITH THANKFULNESS**!.... When you were **DEAD** in your sins God made you **ALIVE** with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us, He has taken it away, nailing it **TO THE CROSS** And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them **BY THE CROSS**!! Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a **SHADOW** of the things that were to come, the reality, however, **IS FOUND IN CHRIST**!!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2019 02:11 PM

God is almighty , all powerful, protector, deliverer have Faith in Him.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2019 04:05 PM

Hi cake, have you been reading someones topical study book, sure looks that way from your responses.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2019 04:59 PM

@cupcakeme;

Because you post; "Colossians 2 chapter - Not Legalism but Christ NKJV" I assume you are targeting Colossians 2:16-17. Therefore this is where I'll focus. Remember this Pauline letter is written to Gentiles, not to Jews. Gentiles were not given the Jewish Feasts, New Moon celebrations or Shabbat. Therefore for them their observance is optional as it always has been. Jews on the other hand should still follow these instructions even while believing in Messiah.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2019 05:57 PM

ANOTHER RIDICULOUS QUOTE BY **SAD*lup:

"Because you post; "Colossians 2 chapter - Not Legalism but Christ NKJV" I assume you are targeting Colossians 2:16-17. Therefore this is where I'll focus. Remember this Pauline letter is written to Gentiles, not to Jews.{???} Gentiles were not given the Jewish Feasts, New Moon celebrations or Shabbat. Therefore for them their observance is optional as it always has been. Jews on the other hand should still follow these instructions even while believing in Messiah."

Actually Colossians was written to all born again believers in the laws of Christ as per:

Colossians 1:2: To God's **HOLY PEOPLE** in Colossae, the **FAITHFUL BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST!!

Galatians 3:23-25: "Before faith came, we were held prisoners by the {**OT**} law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, *WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE {**OT**} LAW!!"

*WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE LAW!!

Galatians 2:14-16,20,21; 3:2,5,10-13;23-25: Paul said, When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs? We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' know that a man is NOT justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.!"

Galatians 2:20,21: The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

Galatians 3:10-13: "All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith." The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them." Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us!

Galatians 3:23-25: "Before faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, *WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE LAW!!"

So lets quote God's Word in Hebrews which even *SAD*lup believes was written to Jewish believers in Jesus!!

Hebrews 7:18,19: The former regulation is SET ASIDE because it was weak and useless; for the law made nothing perfect, and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.!

Hebrews 8:8,9,13: "The time is coming." says the Lord, "when I will make a New Covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah".... By calling this Covenant "NEW", He has made the first one OBSOLETE; and what is OBSOLETE and aging will soon disappear."

Hebrews 8:6: But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which He is Mediator is SUPERIOR TO THE OLD ONE, and it is founded on better promises.

Colossians 2:16,17: Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you **EAT** or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a *SHADOW* of the things that were to come, the reality, however, is found in Christ!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 May, 2019 06:03 AM

@Prophetic;

Before you begin your tirade of cut and paste of Pauline bible verses you need to one thing, maybe two.

1) You need to prove Paul had authority to change the Law.

2) You need to prove Paul's letters are authoritative and binding.

Until you can do these two simple things, your just wasting time and space.

However, if you can accomplish the same goal using the words of Messiah; you have my attention.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 May, 2019 07:04 AM

@Prophetic;

If you do manage to prove the two requirements above (which you cannot) then you must prove 'which law' we are no longer under the supervision of. Paul speaks of no less than 16 types of Law. Do you know which one he is referencing?

I've already proven to you beyond the shadow of doubt that you misuse Scripture, taking it out of context to make it appear it says something that it doesn't.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 May, 2019 03:26 PM

Another ridiculous quote by *SAD*lup:

@Prophetic; If you do manage to prove the two requirements above (which you cannot) then you must prove 'which law' we are no longer under the supervision of. Paul speaks of no less than 16 {16???} types of Law.

It is completely obvious to any Bible scholar that Paul is talking about the OT Law in all of the following verses!! Unfortunately *DAD*lup doesn't believe that Paul's inspired words are inspired by God!!

ANOTHER RIDICULOUS QUOTE BY **SAD*lup:

"Because you post; "Colossians 2 chapter - Not Legalism but Christ NKJV" I assume you are targeting Colossians 2:16-17. Therefore this is where I'll focus. Remember this Pauline letter is written to Gentiles, not to Jews.{???} Gentiles were not given the Jewish Feasts, New Moon celebrations or Shabbat. Therefore for them their observance is optional as it always has been. Jews on the other hand should still follow these instructions even while believing in Messiah."

Actually Colossians was written to all born again believers both Jew and Gentile !!

Colossians 1:2: To God's **HOLY PEOPLE** in Colossae, the **FAITHFUL BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST!!

Galatians 3:23-25: "Before faith came, we were held prisoners by the {**OT**} law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, *WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE {**OT**} LAW!!"

*WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE LAW!!

Galatians 2:14-16,20,21; 3:2,5,10-13;23-25: Paul said, When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs? We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' know that a man is NOT justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.!"

Galatians 2:20,21: The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

Galatians 3:10-13: "All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith." The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them." Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us!

Galatians 3:23-25: "Before faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, *WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE LAW!!"

So lets quote God's Word in Hebrews which even *SAD*lup believes was written to Jewish believers in Jesus!!

Hebrews 7:18,19: The former regulation is SET ASIDE because it was weak and useless; for the law made nothing perfect, and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.!

Hebrews 8:8,9,13: "The time is coming." says the Lord, "when I will make a New Covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah".... By calling this Covenant "NEW", He has made the first one OBSOLETE; and what is OBSOLETE and aging will soon disappear."

Hebrews 8:6: But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which He is Mediator is SUPERIOR TO THE OLD ONE, and it is founded on better promises.

Colossians 2:16,17: Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you **EAT** or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a *SHADOW* of the things that were to come, the reality, however, is found in Christ!!!

Page : 1 2 3