Author Thread: John 6:4 added by Eusebius?
Admin

John 6:4 added by Eusebius?
Posted : 20 May, 2019 05:17 PM

On the surface it seems a trivial matter since the verse contains no doctrine. However it has HUGE ramifications!!! This one verse detrimines a three and a half year ministry of Jesus rather than a year and a half by adding a third "Passover". The early Church writings point to a year and a half. Eusebius is the first to claim three and a half years.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2019 05:29 AM

Sadlup

As I was looking at early manuscript support for John 6:4 I began wondering why, what or who caused you to question the authenticity of John 6:4. If you want to share any of that, it would be informative to me. Maybe you could chronical the steps or lay out your findings that lead you to this conclusion

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2019 10:35 AM

LittleDavid; Nothing Mysterious. A friend gave me a copy of the "Chronological Gospels". Th guy is a Michael Rood fan boy, I have a hard time getting past people who dress up in ancient Jewish costumes. Nevertheless I thought I'd give it a read. Made it to page 7 of the introduction and decided to do some 'fact checking'. This is where the "Passover" John 6:4 question is raised.

I don't care WHERE things come from; Even a blind squirrel finds a acorn now and then. I like checking things out rather than dismissing them solely on source.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2019 07:49 PM

Sadlup

I commend your fact checking. Keep fact checking, it’s biblical!

After having some friends and even foes challenge me on some things that I couldn’t defend and no one else could defend either I decided it was time to move on to something more foundational and defensible.

You’re right, even a blind squirrel could eventually find a nut. I’ve even learned some things from atheists. I remember years back an adulterous person enlightened me to a portion of scripture i knew nothing about and of which I was in disobedience. The fact he was sinning had no bearing on the truth he shared about my sin. I’m not defending or promoting any of the above people for their false beliefs but l agree fact checking is very important. One can’t always assume everything thing an adulterous person or atheist says is wrong and one can’t always assume **everything** a person says is true even if he is well known for his honesty (unless he’s Jesus).

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 May, 2019 11:37 AM

@LittleDavid

👍

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 May, 2019 05:37 AM

Matthew 7:21-25: Jesus says, "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only the one who does the Will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day. 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from Me you evildoers!' Therefore, Everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the Rock!"

John 14:21,23-24: Jesus says, Whoever has My commands and keeps them is the one who loves Me... Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching, My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make our home with them! Anyone who does not love Me will not obey My teaching. These words you hear are not My own; they belong to the Father who sent Me!"

I John 2:1-5: Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for our sins but also for the sins of the whole world. We know that we have come to know Him if we keep His Commands. Whoever says, "I know Him," but does not do what He commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. But if anyone **OBEYS HIS WORD**, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in Him!!

John 12:48: Jesus says, "There is a Judge for the one who does not accept My words, the very words I have spoken will condemn them on the Last Day!!"

John 15:9: Jesus says, As the Father has loved Me, so I have loved you. **IF YOU KEEP MY COMMANDS**, you will remain in My love!!"

John 16:12-14: Jesus says, "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when the spirit of truth comes, he will guide into the truth. He will not speak on his own, he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify Me because it is from Me that he will receive what he will make known to you!" {**THE ENTIRE NEW COVENANT IN THE NEW TESTAMENT**}

2 Timothy 3:15,16: 4:1,2: You have known the **HOLY SCRIPTURES**, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. **ALL SCRIPTURE IS GOD-BREATHED** and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of His appearing and His kingdom, I give you this charge: **PREACH THE WORD**!! {**WHICH IS THE ENTIRE NEW COVENANT AND NEW TESTAMENT**!!}

THE GREAT COMMISSION: Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says, “All authority in heaven and on ***EARTH*** has been given to Me {Not some RC Pope}. Therefore go and make disciples of *ALL NATIONS*...teaching them to **OBEY EVERYTHING** I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very *END OF THE AGE*!”

Page : 1 2