Author Thread: Want vs. Need
Admin

Want vs. Need
Posted : 14 Jul, 2019 05:43 PM

It is a sad fact that close to 75% of marriages end in divorce within the first two years. While the reasons why are varied and quite complex, I believe two of the most common contributing factors is that we forget two things. First and foremost, we forget to ask God for his blessing BEFORE we commit, and secondly, we tend to look for what we want in a partner, instead of what we need, because while wants change with time, needs seldom do.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Want vs. Need
Posted : 14 Jul, 2019 11:15 PM

I hadn't heard that statistic, but I have heard that the first year of marriage is very difficult. I think it can be made even more so, if you've rushed into a marriage with someone your incompatible with.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Want vs. Need
Posted : 15 Jul, 2019 07:31 PM

The divorce rate is more like ,50% . Of course, that still is a sad thing.

Marriages end because people tend to be selfish and that doesn't work in mist marriages.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Want vs. Need
Posted : 15 Jul, 2019 08:21 PM

It's important when you are dating, if you get serious, you need to TALK about religion, politics, finances, do you want children, who is responsible for the majority of bills, etc. Don't just hold hands and kiss in LA-LA land. You must face many decisions in married life and the time to start is BEFORE you get married.

View Profile
History
Want vs. Need
Posted : 16 Jul, 2019 12:51 PM

I have noticed that the ones who got divorced are usually the ones who are better at selecting a new partner, because they have learned from their mistakes. And the second time, they are better at choosing. They make a wiser choice.

View Profile
History
Want vs. Need
Posted : 16 Jul, 2019 03:44 PM

I sit corrected. According to Google & Wikipedia, the more recent stats indicate a divorce rate of between 38 and 41% for Canada. This is somewhat of a problem if one is only permitted to be married once.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Want vs. Need
Posted : 17 Jul, 2019 03:26 AM

I've never been married and only plan on doing it once, for me marriage is a lifelong commitment, not something you rush into our of desperation, loneliness or fear that you're in the last chance saloon, my parent's were married till we lost my dad 2 years ago, we lost my mum this year that is the way God intended marriage to be.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Want vs. Need
Posted : 3 Aug, 2019 08:45 AM

Many women go into marriage with the idea of once only. However, abuse, adultrous affairs and mismanagement of money, substance abuse all these years apart a marriage, when the spouse doesn't seem help to correct the problem.

God doesn't want people being subject to abuse just because they are married. Marriage is a partnership where you Love and respect each other.

Otherwise, you are living in a Mesd.

People are living in BAD marriags everywhere.

gracenough

View Profile
History
Want vs. Need
Posted : 1 Oct, 2019 06:45 PM

Very true