Author Thread: How to introduce kids to your new partner
Admin

How to introduce kids to your new partner
Posted : 21 Jul, 2019 04:16 AM

This goes to the single parents. Least we forget that we are a package. We should always pray God to gift us with a partner who will accept us and our kids and who will treat them like their own. I always fear on how my partner will relate with my daughter.

I would like to know some tips on how to introduce new person in our home

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2019 04:13 AM

Dont rush to introduction. Take your time and make sure you know him and then trust him. Protect your daughter always and remember she is always your best friend

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2020 08:13 PM

If I went on a date with a single mom, I would prefer that she bring her children with her. That way I get to see the "whole package," and they all get to see me also. Most children usually like me, but it would be nice to be able to get to know them at the same time. I think, that would be ideal.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2020 08:33 PM

Not on the first meeting. That would be a real disaster with probably a lot of awkward silence. Only when you're both serious with the relationship and you want to take the relationship into the next level. For the meantime, just let your children know that you're dating and maybe show a picture of him or her to at least prepare them for the grand meeting.

chalkey

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Apr, 2020 10:42 PM

I think everything has time and season and that's what the Bible says. Just be patient and ask for Gods perfect timing. Otherwise it all starts right from the beginning of the relationship be honest and genuine to your partner by disclosing who you really are so your partner can make reasonable judgments early instead of last minute surprises which may sometimes lead to problems.