Author Thread: Anyone ever mistaken...
Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Anyone ever mistaken...
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 05:33 AM

Your age over the internet?

Without a picture of you or you telling it, directly or indirectly, have you ever had anyone assume or guess your age? I think this was fun. A bunch of people thought I was thirty and above for some reason, lol.

Anyone else?

View Profile
History
Anyone ever mistaken...
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 08:53 AM

No I always get a compliment that I look good for my age and I try to not guess I like that approach myself and I think if you been told your 30 you look very young to be 30. I think you look good....tknchances

ian777

View Profile
History
Anyone ever mistaken...
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 10:17 AM

Actually, that's been a bit of a frustration for me. There's been humorous (is that how you speel humorous?)...er funny stories from that; when I was teaching at the high school, we got two new teachers, ladies - both about 30 and they both looked 15. It was trippy to go down crowded halls of students and see this "15 year old" barking out orders to out-of-line students!

While age is just a number in many ways, this can be a sensitive subject and has led to severe heartache for me. On other websites like Christiancafe, they put you into age groups (i.e., 31 to 35). There's 30 year olds who have no problem dating a 40 year old, and then there's 38 year olds who want someone 37 to 39; and they don't write any of this on their profile (including their age); so I have to first of all guess what their age is, and then guess what their age group would be. There's lots of 35 year olds who have no problem dating a 40 year old like myself; but this lady I'm trying to write to could be 31 - I dunno cause she didn't write it in!

I'm grateful they specify the age of the person here, and if I can make a recommendation ladies, specify on your profiles what age group you would be open to.

One lady I was absolutely crazy about in Texas a few years back (I was 37 at the time I think), I met her down there and we corresponded a lot and talked on the phone and I was really hopeful. She would NOT tell me her age, but I figured "Ah, she's just being coy - y'know, never ask a woman her age." I figured she was probably early 30's (and so did everyone else, by the way she looked, dressed, behaved, etc...)

She was everything I looked for - I mean, wow! And she was interested in me for a change!

Then finally her mother let the cat out of the bag one day - this girl was 21. I was devastated; what would my church think? What would my Pastor think? What would my parents and friends think?

This is a public forum, so I won't go into all of the heartbreaking details and the long story. I'm still licking my wounds from that one. Even though in the end I wound up being open to the relationship (and all my counselors even unanimously said there was no problem with it - if she was interested, and her parents approved, and she was as mature as I said she was, then what was the problem?) let's just say that the option got taken away from me anyway.

I've been very sensitive to the age thing, this just made it worse.

Oil well.

Ian

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Anyone ever mistaken...
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 11:50 AM

Lol, I meant has anyone ever mistaken your age over the internet when they don't have a picture or date of birth.

ian777

View Profile
History
Anyone ever mistaken...
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 12:36 PM

OhHhHhHhh... ya ya, a lot of people thought I was 13, maybe 15.

Okay, maybe not that young, but my enthusiasm for life sometimes gets mistaken for immaturity. Naw, it's just that I refuse to be mature sometimes...

Ian

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Anyone ever mistaken...
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 01:06 PM

Hey, no problem with being enthusiastic or happy. At least you'll never feel old. ;)

View Profile
History
Anyone ever mistaken...
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 05:26 PM

ian your funny:ROFL:

trubeliever70

View Profile
History
Anyone ever mistaken...
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 10:47 PM

Most everyone thinks I'm younger than i am I'm 39 and I dont feel that age at all. It sounds so strange to say it. I'm sincerly suprised i made it this long.:laugh::dancingp:

All of u look great too.:bouncy:

1LovelyItaliana

View Profile
History
Anyone ever mistaken...
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 02:23 AM

People either think I'm young or old...depends on my hair and if I smile a lot, I've noticed. If my hair's messy on webcam, I look older lol I've gotten 16, I've gotten 35. It's random. People are kinda dumb too, so factor that in.. :)

View Profile
History
Anyone ever mistaken...
Posted : 8 Jul, 2009 08:09 PM

I'm sure some people would probably think I was 5!!! Actually I have had guys in person think I was alot younger than 55 and went off running with their tails between their legs when they found out!!! Have to laugh! I feel, in reality, it's because I have a young soul living in this "old" body! LOL>....Robin