Author Thread: Should I date someone I'm in Bible study with?
KPC1988

View Profile
History
Should I date someone I'm in Bible study with?
Posted : 14 Aug, 2019 11:13 AM

So I've been in a Bible study for about 6 months, and there's a girl in the group with a lot of qualities I admire and would want in a potential mate. There's nothing about her that would give me a reason not to date her, expect for the fact that we're in Bible study together. This group is composed of a number of my closest friends, and if we were to date and it didn't go well or she didn't feel the same way upon me asking her out, there's a good chance it could ruin this Bible study for me and my friends. I've heard enough horror stories about people in Bible studies who've tried to date for me to be concerned and cautious. Also, I came from a previous Bible study/church group that fell about due to poor leadership, so it's been a good thing for me to have a Bible study I'm really comfortable with and enjoy spending time with the people in it, so if I lose that it may be hard to find another group with the right fit. Should I pursue something deeper with this girl or just leave it alone?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Aug, 2019 05:56 AM

I think it depends on it you have already established a friendship with them or not. If not I would suggest you do that first because I know that I find it weird, when someone approaches me an expresses an interest, without even uttering one word to me beforehand.

rapturechris^

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Aug, 2019 10:48 PM

usually women let you know if their interested in you. If the signs are not there then i would hold on to the bible study. Also see if you can get the bible study group to do things socially together and go out. that way you can get to know her in a different environment without letting on you want to date her and see if she gives away signs. If you cant engage her in conversation in a group then you wont be able to do that in a marriage. I find women online can be quite brave when seeking relationships but when in face to face environments they are very protected. Another thing you could always ask her what its like being single and try to get into a conversation to see where she is at with it all before you choose your next step.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Aug, 2019 02:34 PM

Don't be a wuss about it, if you get blown out take it on the chin and carry on regardless. Will be weird for a couple of days then go back to normal unless you dwell on it.

At some point you will need to learn some game, a decent woman isn't going to just give you what you want, you are going to have to sell yourself. If it goes wrong there are other Bible study groups with other women.

What are you going to do if someone like me joins your group and whisks her away right from under your nose?

You will have no one to blame but yourself.