Author Thread: Would you move to a new area for a potential relationship?
rapturechris^

View Profile
History
Would you move to a new area for a potential relationship?
Posted : 15 Aug, 2019 10:06 PM

In the last few months Ive had a couple of women in Australia contact me wanting to get into Skype relationships and then for me to move away from my area to theirs because they cant leave their jobs. I wasn't interested in doing that at all but i respect they contacted me. It must be hard for Christians because single Christians live quite far away from each other putting pressure on someone having to leave their family and security for a "potential" relationship.

I think trying to get to know people over Skype, email or Facebook without actually spending time with them in real life and going to their church, meeting their family and hanging out socially gives a false representation of who they really are. Unless your interactively intertwined in their lives the whole thing could be a complete waste of time. I think it would be safer to get to know properly a non christian who is respectful and loving in your own community than try and date strangers online even Christians. What are your thoughts?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Aug, 2019 02:10 AM

I'm open to the idea of moving to a new area, but I wouldn't do it for a relationship but I would for a marriage. Although I've been a Christian since my 20s I have never dated a Christian man. I think when your young it's easy to accept substitutes, because you want a partner to settle down with & have a family etc... I am now fast approaching 50 and would like to share my life with someone, but he has to be a christian no more substitutes.

rapturechris^

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Aug, 2019 03:43 AM

But how would you get to know a person unless you dated face to face? You have to have a relationship before you get married! Moving for marriage without first getting to know the person via long term relationship would be madness.people think they can date strangers who are Christians online that are far away and it's better than dating a non believer face to face. That's not true. Regardless of them being a believer or not unless their in your life you don't know who your dating. There's many things you can pick up from people face to face that online can't do for you.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Aug, 2019 06:57 AM

I had to re-read my post to see what I'd said to give the impression that I'm so naive with little to no life experiences... In regard to your post I'm aware of that fact, and I'm not advocating for people to move areas to marry someone they've never met. I was speaking for myself and the fact that I wouldn't relocate to be nearer someone I'm in a relationship with. But would be open to moving if the relationship had progressed beyond boyfriend & girlfriend. For example if we were about to get married and start a new life together.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Aug, 2019 07:02 AM

For the record all my relationships have been face to face, I may be online but haven't dated anyone through this forum...

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Aug, 2019 12:30 PM

Not for a relationship but maybe a commitment like marriage. If it was in a State I want to live in only.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Aug, 2019 12:34 PM

I block out of country men! I love living in USA.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Aug, 2019 12:38 PM

I've dated from a Paid relationship site! Good dates it takes time and patience to meet sincere men. I didn't make a real love connection on my part but had two proposals but declined. We didn't have a relationship just friendship.

Big difference .

I'm Picky and I'm not marring just anyone.

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Aug, 2019 05:34 PM

I once dated a man for almost 5 years, we saw each other almost everyday. It didn't last for several reasons.

I dated another man 1 hour away (Air force), we were together every weekend for 2 years, he returned home. We were engaged, had a long distance relationship which didn't last 6 months. I was moving there. (The breakup was a blessing since I would not have managed the relationship he had/has with his wife).

Another man, we met at work, one month after we started dating, talked about engagment in a year, as we celebrated Valentine's day together. Little did he know that was not the topic to bring up in such a short time. We lasted 7 months.

Today, I am happy to make new friends and wait on the Lord. He has blessed me in so many ways, just when I needed it most. We all need to feel like we matter.

I once told a friend who has the "I can't be single disease", that while you are waiting, He is working in both of you for when you meet. A bit like the years we spend in school for our adult life.

A) Communication in person, in writing, Skype, by phone is underrated.

Say what you mean, mean what you say always.

B) God is in control no matter what want. He will give you what you need, maybe that is a friend(s).

irc1

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Aug, 2019 04:26 AM

No, there no place in the world like Denmark. If i should move, it should either be Ireland, New Zealand, south Spain or the western coast of Scotland.