Author Thread: Self worth
Bluebird618

View Profile
History
Self worth
Posted : 20 Sep, 2019 06:59 AM

Just want to share a quote I've read from a beautiful lady here, KJVonly . It says: “You were bought at a high price, don’t sell yourself cheap.” It resonated with me. Jesus paid with His life just so we could be saved. It reminded me of my self worth. Sometimes we could get so lonely and wanted so much to be loved that we settle for less than we deserve, even if it means lowering our standards and putting up with all the maltreatments and discriminations that others do to us like being abused. I hope this would remind us to value ourselves and make better decisions on who we allow to enter our lives and affect us. God bless everyone.

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Self worth
Posted : 20 Sep, 2019 04:20 PM

Hello Bluebird!

I am glad the Lord directed you there to read that quote as He directed me to the Word to read it and to Dan Mohler to remind me of it! I am very humbled but take no credit . All glory to God ! I came out of an abusive marriage and have high standards for my future husband. I want a man after Yahweh's own heart who won't settle for less than he deserves also. Sometimes life can get a bit discouraging and alot of people want to give up but I tell you truly, God wants to live in a house not made with hands and he is sufficient . Pray his Will for your life always and don't give up. I have been a widow since 2004 and I am still waiting!

Something else to think about with the holidays coming up and suicide prevalent during those lonely times is that the enemy can trick a person into taking something that is not even his, his very life! It's the deepest expression of self deception a man can have. It's the self centered lie that drives a person there. God is not the author of death but life! Always pursue truth! Proverbs 18:14

The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?

Proverbs 18:21

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

We must always strive for pure and edifying conversation!

gracenough

View Profile
History
Self worth
Posted : 30 Sep, 2019 07:14 PM

Thank you both for the encouraging words.

View Profile
History
Self worth
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 03:33 PM

Such great advice. You're so right, settling for less than God's best just because we're lonely can have devastating effects. We are worth so much more in God's eyes. <3

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Self worth
Posted : 17 Oct, 2019 04:49 AM

Yes, lets value ourselves. I believe God is currently keeping us single because He has something better for us. Lets not settle for less my friends. Lets throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles and run with perseverence the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus,

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Self worth
Posted : 17 Oct, 2019 05:11 AM

"..... make better decisions on who we allow to enter our lives and affect us" . This is so powerful and we should bear that in mind always. For the Lord is the stronghold of our life.