Author Thread: Journey Away from Christ
Zimneno

View Profile
History
Journey Away from Christ
Posted : 3 Nov, 2019 11:32 AM

There was a point in my life when I used to think about Christ since the moment I woke up till the moment I went to bed, and wanted to grow spiritually. There was also a point where I actually felt as if when I used to ask God something in my mind, God used to reply back. Now certain events and changes in my life have brought me to what feels like "the point of no return". I'm furthest I've ever been, don't like to pray or go to church, not even interested in my spiritual growth.

However, a tiny part of me wishes to get back on track. I fear for what would happen to me after I die, and still I am unable to turn back. I need someone to help me out here :/

View Profile
History
Journey Away from Christ
Posted : 3 Nov, 2019 05:30 PM

Life is so hard. Every day brings new ups and downs, and there are entire decades where it feels like life is just one heartache after another. The past decade for me has been a nightmare. I've finally reached the point where I can recognize and be grateful for the things I've learned and the ways I've grown, but it has not been easy.

I think the most important thing I've learned is that feelings are temporary, and feelings are not always an accurate representation of the situation. Truth is what never changes. Truth is eternal and unchanging. And God is truth.

Don't let your feelings dictate your decisions. When your feelings change again in the future... and feelings always change... you may have regret and consequences that will affect you for the rest of your life.

God made us and He understands us, confusion, anger, heartache and all. He wants us to be real with Him, even in our pain and frustration. He has big shoulders, and He can handle it. So pour it all out and make a deliberate effort to separate your emotions from the truth that's in the Bible.

Going through these life seasons is like flying a plane through thick darkness. All you can see is clouds and darkness, and there's no end in sight. But what you can't see is that there is bright sunshine up ahead, and your plane is going to break through into the clarity and brightness of sunshine, and all that darkness and confusion will be left behind. You just can't see it yet. If you could see it, you wouldn't need faith.

Hang in there. <3

View Profile
History
Journey Away from Christ
Posted : 3 Nov, 2019 05:35 PM

Life is so hard. Every day brings new ups and downs, and there are entire decades where it feels like life is just one heartache after another. The past decade for me has been a nightmare. I've finally reached the point where I can recognize and be grateful for the things I've learned and the ways I've grown, but it has not been easy.

I think the most important thing I've learned is that feelings are temporary, and feelings are not always an accurate representation of the situation. Truth is what never changes. Truth is eternal and unchanging. And God is truth.

Don't let your feelings dictate your decisions. When your feelings change again in the future... and feelings always change... you may have regret and consequences that will affect you for the rest of your life.

God made us and He understands us, confusion, anger, heartache and all. He wants us to be real with Him, even in our pain and frustration. He has big shoulders, and He can handle it. So pour it all out and make a deliberate effort to separate your emotions from the truth that's in the Bible.

Going through these life seasons is like flying a plane through thick darkness. All you can see is clouds and darkness, and there's no end in sight. But what you can't see is that there is bright sunshine up ahead, and your plane is going to break through into the clarity and brightness of sunshine, and all that darkness and confusion will be left behind. You just can't see it yet. If you could see it, you wouldn't need faith.

Hang in there. <3

Zimneno

View Profile
History
Journey Away from Christ
Posted : 5 Nov, 2019 07:41 AM

I don't get it :/

View Profile
History
Journey Away from Christ
Posted : 11 Nov, 2019 06:50 AM

I tried to hide from God, You cannot escape,

contemplate Pharoah dealing with Moses, it was God Who hardened Pharoahs heart,it was God who softened Pharoahs heart, God has You where He wants You,because He has a plan. when in doubt remember, God breathed life into , has not stopped yet, do not believe me?stop breathing, haha You are not able to.

Zimneno

View Profile
History
Journey Away from Christ
Posted : 25 Nov, 2019 09:34 AM

So... I'm distant and that's okay?

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Journey Away from Christ
Posted : 25 Nov, 2019 12:16 PM

I believe you see a gap that isn't there. God is still there, as He has never left.

It's like when Peter allowed the storm and the waters to draw his attention, when all he needed to do was "Look at Christ." The storm and the waters were the creation, not the Master of it all.

Just reestablish that focus. Determine if something helps it or draws you away. If it draws you away, then remove it. That way there is nothing in your path.

View Profile
History
Journey Away from Christ
Posted : 7 Jan, 2020 10:11 AM

Dude, it's not that complicated. You choose to be with someone or not. Feelings don't matter. You've made the choice to be with God. He knows you don't always feel like being with Him, He understands. You're harder on yourself than He is. Just keep talking to Him and everything will be fine. Feelings come and go. But keep communication open.

View Profile
History
Journey Away from Christ
Posted : 7 Jan, 2020 10:12 AM

Dude, it's not that complicated. You choose to be with someone or not. Feelings don't matter. You've made the choice to be with God. He knows you don't always feel like being with Him, He understands. You're harder on yourself than He is. Just keep talking to Him and everything will be fine. Feelings come and go. But keep communication open.

View Profile
History
Journey Away from Christ
Posted : 7 Jan, 2020 10:13 AM