Author Thread: If someone says they are a christian...
Admin

If someone says they are a christian...
Posted : 30 Nov, 2019 04:15 PM

But then turn around and judge you and accuse you of being something you're not, believe what you want, but that is not a christian. A christian doesn't lie about others and turn them away. Just because you are a christian doesn't mean that you are without fault. And if this is how you treat your brothers and sisters in Christ and anyone who is seeking Jesus, then YOU are in the wrong, and YOU need to start asking for forgiveness. We should love everyone. That doesn't mean we have to love their ways, but we are supposed to love everyone no matter what. If you don't love your neighbor, then you don't love God. Remember this next time you feel like judging someone you may not like.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2019 04:15 PM

I agree :thumbsup:

RHET404

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Dec, 2019 01:02 PM

Are we also supposed to love (& not judge) people who call themselves Christians but behave in an unChristian way? Are they included in the part about loving EVERYONE?

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Dec, 2019 02:44 PM

Yes you are still supposed to love them. And no you are not supposed to judge them. But if you know, and if you can see that they are behaving as they shouldn't, and they know they are behaving as they shouldn't then they are not christians. And it is better to pray for the person instead of downright hating them. You can hate the person's ways, but you shouldn't hate the person.

RHET404

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2019 06:31 PM

Sounds like you have a different definition of what 'judge' means than I do.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2019 07:30 AM

In the Bible it's clear that we are to love one another, Christ told us to be good to our enemies; buy, God is also discipline. So it's our duty to know how to treat others depending on their state - not an easy task though. I've met hot headed Christians who believe they're greater than others just because they believe they're older, or more blessed, or have some famous preacher and so on. They forget that in God's kingdom we're all super blessed because Jesus Christ loves us all equally and died for us. Plus, having a famous preacher is no reason to feel extra special, because a famous person or Church has no hold on your Salvation. Only Jesus does. So, for the hot headed ones I normally allow their own garbage to defeat them - this I learnt from the Lord.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2019 07:40 AM

Adding on, Jesus said if "I am in you, you are in me and the father is in you also". That means you'll have the Lord's wisdom in you. Hence, you'll know how to treat others. That's why in the Bible Jesus spoke parables to others but to the disciples he explained the proverbs - this comes to show how we are to treat those around us.

If you read the whole of proverbs you'll see there are verses that explain ways on how to live, work, and rebuke many.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2019 07:49 AM

Don't forget the disciples were informed to spread the word, but if they were to knock on the door and no one opens then they should move on".

So, if you find it difficult communicating with these groups, or tribes of people, don't force issues, don't feel bad, and move. God sees that you truly tried, plus the Lord knows your limitations, so just follow the Lord. His commandments are first. Even Jesus couldn't force false believers to see the light, it's not right to force the truth on the false. It leads to worse issues.

In conclusion, play your part, try to assist them, or guide them, then if there's nothing else you can do to improve the situation just leave it to God. There's only so much you can do. Don't forget, it's very easy for you to fall around such groups/tribes of people. I call them tribes because they have similar traits.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2020 08:48 PM

RHET404 - you need to read the Bible more often. you are to love your enemies and pray for them. GOD is the judge. we are not talking about kissy-face love. this is love as Christ taught his disciples and those who listened to him. Perhaps you can start to rethink your position.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2020 08:51 PM

DearSam - thanks for your input. you seem to know more than most of the persons on the forums. I have a feeling you put your understanding into practice.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Feb, 2020 09:40 AM

Needsafriend7,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been occupied.

Thanks for your post about me understanding the topic. I owe that to the Lord, plus, since we're in Christ, his wisdom is in us.

Feel free to chat with me anytime.