Author Thread: Micheal Jackson
atlfan27

View Profile
History
Micheal Jackson
Posted : 7 Jul, 2009 09:50 AM

I am not a Micheal Jackson fan but I'm sad about what happened to him. His fans, family are going through a hard time since he suddenly passed away.

A friend of mine gave me inspiration about this issue regarding Micheal Jackson. Some of you guys need to stop bashing him. Sure he may did some things that are questionable and he may be not your choice of music.

Guess what? Take a look at yourselves. You are not perfect. Everyone on here is guilty including myself because we are sinners under God's eyes. Think about the stuff you have done that you are not proud of.

Does Christians believe that Jesus Christ is the only one can judge, not human flesh?

One more thing. As many people claim that they are "Christians" or "Goody Two Shoes" Beware, some of you them are not going to be in the kingdom of God. For those who will make it, they will go through the books and find out who you really are. A word for the wise.

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 3:23

View Profile
History
Micheal Jackson
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 02:14 PM

i couldn't agree more. of course, i'm a huge fan and it till devastates me that he is gone. i grew up listeneing to the music, and when iwas 12, i actually started doing the moonwalk:laugh: but yeah, people need to quit saying all the bad stuff about him. for instance, the only reason his child was hanging out hte window (remember that incident), is becasue he was excited. hey, we all get carried away, people. and now the press is saying that his kids arent even his. so what? he treated them as if they were his own, and he loved them dearly. to me, that's all that matters. if i woke up tomorrow and found out i had been living with adoptive parents for the last 19 years, sure, i'd be curious about my real parents, but my feelings otward them wouldn't change. anyway, he was a great musician, and a FANTASTIC dancer! RIP MJ

View Profile
History
Micheal Jackson
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 11:47 AM

Are you honeslty worried about him hanging his child out of a window? and you defend him saying he was excited? he went from a black man to a white woman, created an almost cult of followers, and molested young boys! it has nothing to do with his style of music it has to do with what he did in life. How can people honestly defend such a monster. And in case you have forgotten his sitter had the "wardrobe malfunction" at the super bowl. Feel sorry for the pain of the family who lost a brother and son, but thats as far as it should go

Amber2new

View Profile
History
Micheal Jackson
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 07:38 PM

you wish you had followers, guitar man. Anyway, those were allegations regarding the young boys. And how about the parents who left their kids with a total stranger? And no one ever addresses the fact that Michael may have been suffering from a condition called dismorphia, where a person views themselves as hidious when they are not. THat would explain his obsession with the elephant man. Maybe when he looked in the mirror he saw elephant man. He did a lot of good for a lot of sick and poor children. People who really do bad things are rarely persecuted. Even if they are convicted of a crime they still arent persecuted like Jesus was.

atlfan27

View Profile
History
Micheal Jackson
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 09:31 AM

There are both sides to this issue. One, he had a rough life since he was abused as a child. We need to comprehend that concept. Unfortunately he has done a lot of crazy stuff in his life. But the question we should asked ourselves if we have done something that we truly regret. After all no one in this world is perfect except for Christ. I am not a religious person but here is what I know about the scriptures. When he was on this earth, he had to deal with the ruthless "self righteous" bigotry of the religious leaders of Jerusalem. Somehow he knew what's truly going on in their hearts. So beware everyone, you may but the mask of a goody two shoe but Christ knows you.

John 8:2-11

Merilee

View Profile
History
Micheal Jackson
Posted : 5 Sep, 2009 01:20 PM

Well put Atl.

I like the spot it ya got it rule.. If im bothered by something someone else is doing (or how they look or act).. first reaction is to be judgemental and get all self righteous. but.. I can stop myself today (easier, not perfect) and ask what it is about them thats so bothersome, usually it's cuz i'm scared of what I see or its been a struggle in my life, has happened to me; needs work.. now, i've never dangled a child out a window, lol, but have sure felt like I wanted to .. or worse !

The joys of rasing teenagers : )

Meri

atlfan27

View Profile
History
Micheal Jackson
Posted : 8 Sep, 2009 08:39 PM

LOL.

We should show them compassion but not copy or condone their acts.

eric198375

View Profile
History
Micheal Jackson
Posted : 7 Dec, 2009 12:25 AM

I will admit that I'm not a fan, but that's not point.

A few things that really bothered me about the reaction to his death were:

1. All of a sudden it was a celebration of how great of a person he was. He wasn't a great guy and I don't want to harp on that. Other people have covered that. Instead people should have focused on his great music. Its almost a deification. Fans did the same thing with Lennon. People forgot how he treated Ono (but not vice versa).

2. It spurred a huge commercial enterprise. I'm actually surprised that the amount of MJ merchandise sold since his death hasn't lifted our economy out of the recession. Some marketing people and financial experts weren't thinking ahead.