Author Thread: why do so many men refuse to post their photo
Alligator

View Profile
History
why do so many men refuse to post their photo
Posted : 24 Dec, 2019 09:40 PM

I do read profiles. of course, looks isn't everything, but it helps to pull everything together. If your profile is good but your photo is a bridge or a black Silhouette it is difficult to get a feeling that i would like to talk with you. Tonight I searched Kansas and got 23 non-photo profiles. 2 people i would have written to, but no deal if you wont put up a photo. WHY??

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Apr, 2020 09:34 AM

Because they are either fake profiles created by the site to boost numbers, fake scammers, or they are so ugly they are ashamed to show themself. There are a few people that refuse to show photos for other reasons like privacy, but that certainly doesn't help their chances.

Ciderbooks

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2020 08:55 PM

Maybe because men put more value in what they do\produce rather then how the look. A picture doesn't reflect who they are, or capture the essance of their character, yet holds the power to be the source of romantic rejection. In general, I think men just don't know how to take complementy, attractive pictures, so maybe they think "why try if I know my picture will stink", "why would I play a losing game?". Women on the other hand generally, I think, can capture who they are better in an image then men. Plus every women has a God-given beauty that is captivating to men, which a picture can capture. I don't think it's entirely reciprocal, and men know that. Perhaps, men think having no image will create more mystery thereby putting their conversational skills, wit, personally and accomplishments on center stage rather the appearance, which men value more and hope their women values more as well.

Ciderbooks

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2020 10:08 PM

Of course, I understand every man so different. Their actions are the manifestation of an amalgamation of subliminal, psychological forces in conjunction with their conscious motives, incident or deceptive. No one person can speak for all men.

God bless

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Sep, 2022 08:15 AM

There are different reasons to not post your picture. One, is you are married. Another is that once you post your picture, scoundrels can grab it and nothing is sacred on the internet. May be also, some prefer privacy and do not want everyone to know that they are on the internet looking for a significant other.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Apr, 2023 08:56 PM

Off and on, I have posted a photo of myself, but when you find someone is a scammer, then you feel compromised. This is the day and age of facial recognition software and identity theft and one does not know what an opportunist scammer will do with your photo after they get it. So I tired of posting my photo for all to see, yet I attach my photo to introduce myself, but I find half the people who write me get banned for one reason or another and most the people who write me off this site quickly ask for money and I regret that I sent them my photo.

Page : 1 2 3