Author Thread: How to respond to inappropriate messages?
Kai4

View Profile
History
How to respond to inappropriate messages?
Posted : 23 Feb, 2020 03:38 PM

Hello fellow ladies:

A friend helped me create my profile on here; she thought a Christian dating site would be somewhat "safer," but I have been getting some inappropriate messages. In response, I changed my profile picture to only my hands (but in the picture I had before, I was modestly dressed). However, now, my last message was from ear3al who wrote, "A mice pic, seriously? PUT DOWN THE CRACKPIPE YOU F****** B****!" (except instead of asterisks, there were the actual letters).

How do you respond to these types of messages? I block the people, of course, but how do you handle it internally?

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Feb, 2020 04:18 PM

You should report them.

Kai4

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2020 06:17 AM

Yes, I "reported the conversation," although I don't know that that really does anything. An administrator messaged me with a link to a different Christian dating website. I just checked, and the guy's profile is still up. By "internally," I sort of meant how do you deal with things like that emotionally. I am relatively new to online stuff, and it can be a little disturbing.

BTW, your pet hen is adorable! I have a half dozen chickens myself. Mine aren't as spoiled though; they're relegated to the yard :)

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2020 11:19 AM

Just ignore/block. Many times these things are done so you'll react and respond back, so doing so just fuels them to troll more.

Loree7

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2020 11:48 AM

You remember that we live in a sinful world and that you can't expect a person who hasn't been changed into God's image to act like anything but a child of the devil. There are many on this site who don't fall into the category of Christian. I've even come across Muslims on this site. This is something which I must remind myself often. You do not dwell upon it. Philippians 4:8, which is called the Christian's filter, tells us to think upon that which is true, pure, edifying, etc. All other thoughts according to 2 Corinthians we should cast down those imaginations/thoughts which are against God. I hope that you don't have to face more of such things, but from living in this present world, I know that we are not immune to such inappropriate behavior. Outwardly, the best response is nothing.

Loree7

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2020 11:49 AM

You remember that we live in a sinful world and that you can't expect a person who hasn't been changed into God's image to act like anything but a child of the devil. There are many on this site who don't fall into the category of Christian. I've even come across Muslims on this site. This is something which I must remind myself often. You do not dwell upon it. Philippians 4:8, which is called the Christian's filter, tells us to think upon that which is true, pure, edifying, etc. All other thoughts according to 2 Corinthians we should cast down those imaginations/thoughts which are against God. I hope that you don't have to face more of such things, but from living in this present world, I know that we are not immune to such inappropriate behavior. Outwardly, the best response is nothing.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2020 03:24 AM

I understand what you’re talking about though because I’ve had multiple abusive or harassing people try to send hateful messages like that as well. I agree the support/administration doesn’t do much of anything it seems. I’ve even had someone go as far as a couple of times to make multiple profiles and try to continue to harass or stalk me. It doesn’t bother me as much because I know whoever it is, they some serious emotional and psychological issues. What bothers me more than anything is that their profile is still up and functioning (well after being reported) or that they have access to continue to harass me or others. It’s the way CDFF handles this type of behavior is what bothers me.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2020 05:36 PM

Report them and block them!

Many people on Christian free sites are trolls.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2020 10:01 PM

I am both sad and angry that you were treated in this manner. The person who wrote that is obviously not a Christian. We have several people on here who profess to be Christians, but they argue and post ugly things against honest people. It IS hard to overlook or forget. Just know that those of us who really do read the Bible, love Jesus and are good people will pray for you to remove that obscene trash from your mind.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2020 11:05 PM

I propose we install an alligator pit. Anybody who is not nice can stand over the door above it, and whoever is being bothered gets to push the button that'll open the door. :)

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2020 06:36 AM

I ignore inappropriate messages followed with a quick delete & block...:-)

Page : 1 2