Author Thread: Do looks matter for Christian men?
Brandyccc

View Profile
History
Do looks matter for Christian men?
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 05:00 PM

This opposite question was asked to the ladies...so now let's ask the men. And ladies you can chime in if you want to make comments.

(Not being judgemental here, as I know in general, men are known to be more visual,,and it's all a matter of preference also...but thought it was an interesting question, as to how important are looks to the men..?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Apr, 2020 11:51 PM

Hmmmm so what are you saying everyones profile writing skills are wanting except for yours...:-)

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Apr, 2020 05:36 AM

HA! Not hardly.

I’m speculating that if we don’t put any unique details in our profiles that it means we may be relying mostly on our appearance to get attention, but I haven’t really seen any evidence to suggest that putting such detail in a profile is any better than not doing so. It could mean that I’ve put enough detail in my profile to shoot myself in the foot (and I’ll live with that, but hopefully it will help me when it comes to the right person); or it could be the best evidence of all that looks really do matter, for both men and women, but I don’t have enough information to conclude either way.

All I can say for my own search is that when I’m deciding whether to reach out to someone, having a little extra detail in her written profile to talk about helps me to make the decision to either reach out or move on.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Apr, 2020 05:42 AM

In my opinion I think attraction is for younger girls and boys who are still to grow and know life. At this age we need to respect each other. Attraction comes in at a later stage. First is to know each other. Conversations reflects what is in one's heart. Those are the things that pulls in attraction. The book of the law tells us to guard our hearts more than anything because out of it comes streams of life.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Apr, 2020 06:33 AM

I think there are many ways you can be attracted to someone. When you don't have to ask yourself if someone is attractive to you, then that's probably a good indication. Maybe it's better not to think too much about it.

Although, "attraction" is a natural part of God's creation. Often we see male animals that try to be flashy to attract a mate. The tiger with the sad face and the peacock with the droopy feathers is less likely to get the girl.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Apr, 2020 06:41 AM

I agree, TOTH3M4X. Dating is a very personal journey and so there's great risk of pain, so it's too easy to take anything someone says or prefers personally (even on a forum like this). The best thing to do is probably to put what we most want our potential partner to be attracted to in our profiles and let the chips fall where they may. If it's meant to be, it will be and no minor mistake or shortcoming will mess that up.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Apr, 2020 07:18 AM

Ok, I see what you mean now...:-)

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2020 04:18 AM

Our God is so good. He gives us wisdom as we grow up. Since the time I realised that outside appearance of a person is different from the inside person I am saved from wasting my time with individuals with wicked intentions. We serve a faithful God.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2020 04:31 AM

Bro Toth, animals and birds have far much better relationships than people. The single Christian men you are talking about, almost all of them have wicked hidden agendas. Talking of attraction we really need God's grace. Otherwise you end up hurting yourseld unnecessarily.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2020 04:33 AM

'yourself'

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2020 05:39 AM

I don't think it's good to lump all guys together like that. Some of us don't have hidden agendas. I'm sure some do, but just because there are some bad apples doesn't mean there aren't some good ones too.

Or maybe my agenda is so hidden that it's hidden from me. hmmmmm :)

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8