Author Thread: Do looks matter for Christian men?
Brandyccc

View Profile
History
Do looks matter for Christian men?
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 05:00 PM

This opposite question was asked to the ladies...so now let's ask the men. And ladies you can chime in if you want to make comments.

(Not being judgemental here, as I know in general, men are known to be more visual,,and it's all a matter of preference also...but thought it was an interesting question, as to how important are looks to the men..?

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2020 04:57 AM

Narnian Girl..this caught my attention.

'Maybe the other person still is praying for a blonde while I am a brunette? lol'

Saw the assumption below in a popular website, it was actually in to reference men, but I have changed it to be inclusive of both genders.

"The main reason, many are single is because, the character of a man/woman they want is not in the body shape we admire."

The packaging is wanting in our eyes.

As we choose,we pray for wisdom! It's the Principle thing. Because it's really up to us if we marry or not marry...what do you think?

Brandyccc

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2020 11:48 AM

So true,,we must look beyond just the physical, or some of us will be single forever!

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Apr, 2020 09:31 AM

Yes they do matter. I think guys care more about looks than women. But I also believe looks are not the most important thing. They are plenty of super pretty girls that I wouldn't touch because they are heathen. Be ye not unequally yoked. However I do try to keep myself in good health and I am disgusted at how most women treat their temples these days. I would definately not be happy with a morbidly obese woman and all her health problems, medical expenses, premature aging, and premature death. I think a lot of women don't realize that gluttony is a sin and if they lose weight it will drastically increase their chance of finding a good husband. I'm not trying to insult but instead gently rebuke in the hope that more women will realize what they are doing to themselves is sin.

I'm also repulsed by tattoos and piercings, even ear piercings. What a woman chooses to wear is also an important factor. I am not attracted to bikini clad women or low cut blouses or mini skirts. A women that has her body covered is much more attractive, even if she is not as physically beautiful.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Apr, 2020 11:26 AM

Kristofer777:

Excellent post brother!

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Apr, 2020 02:03 PM

I have to at least be a little bit attracted to a woman. Looks aren't everything but neither are they nothing at all.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Apr, 2020 04:55 AM

I believe physical appearance comes from inside. We need that christian spiritual sight. So looks matters a lot.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Apr, 2020 06:45 AM

Well, Kristoffer, I agree with you that our bodies are temples of God's Spirit, and should be treated accordingly. With respect.

The same goes for men... so many guys even younger than me already have that 'beer belly' (with or without the beer..)

.. I don't expect any athletic perfection (some guys are addicted to gym and that isn't attractive either), but some basic health consciousness would be essential in marriage.

Just would like to add that while men here say they want a healthy slim woman, I see the opposite being the case. Even very overweight women finding husbands (which of course is good), and many lovely women who have healthy body and soul are treated with indifference (not so good).. Is it that an attractive looking woman is too intimidating?!

And guys, please do not assume the worst and think that every attractive feminine looking woman is vain or narcissistic.

It seems that no matter what, we women are judged.. whether we dress and look feminine, or not...

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Apr, 2020 11:57 AM

NarnianGirl:

And no matter what, we men are judged. It is the same on both sides of the aisle.

Looks do matter; but having dated both physically attractive and not-so-attractive women, the end result is determined by what is in the heart and mind.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Apr, 2020 02:45 PM

Looks obviously matter to some or we wouldn't be talking about it. :)

I think it's something we all have to determine for ourselves.

As far as my personal preference, I put "fresh breath" as a higher determining factor. Couldn't see myself dating someone who has chronic dragon breath.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Apr, 2020 06:39 AM

It's not just looks that matter it's got to do with individual taste, the same woman has never been the same level of attractive to all men. Attraction is something automatic being a christian or not has nothing to do with it.... also it's not something anyone has any choice in.

People are not attracted to someone because of religion, they are sometimes perhaps attracted to the idea of someone of a particular religion but that's more a fetish than anything else and mostly superficial.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8