Author Thread: Do long distance relationships ever work?
Admin

Do long distance relationships ever work?
Posted : 18 Jun, 2020 03:27 PM

Often times I worry about the distance. I have tried to talk to women through long distance in the past, but whenever I try to find the opportunity to try to ask a girl to meet me in person they usually don't want to talk any further or are just not taking it seriously. I just don't get it at times.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jun, 2020 03:46 PM

Hi Morgan. There can be several reasons why this is so. It could be hard to pinpoint the true meaning. 1. Ask God for discernment. Some reasons are that the girl you are interested in may be interested in you, but not really interested to make the commitment of a first meeting. She may not have financial resources to do it and is embarrassed to admit it. She may be in many conversations, and have lots of options on the social dating scene, so she is not committing to anything yet. She may be not sure and wants to have further conversations with you. There are so many reasons and factors. Perceptions, spiritual realities are in play. What I mean by perceptions is they can be different of each other because not meeting face to face leaves room to make a wrong or not a well balanced perception of the person. Spiritual realities can be in play and God may be protecting you from women who are not good for you, and they end up leaving the conversation, making you feel abandoned or puzzled. Take it as a blessing! If you prayed that God bring you His best for you, trust Him that He will! He loves you and desires the best for you, and for the other girl. God may be delaying things, telling you to wait. You may not be ready yet, all kinds of factors. I hope this helps a little bit. Cheers.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jun, 2020 05:26 PM

Thanks for the reply Zeeman

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jun, 2020 01:19 PM

Rarel y unless the couple meets and then one moves where the other person lives.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2020 10:58 AM

if you are married and your spouse is sent on assignment to a far away place., if the opportunity arises, go there. I flew 800 miles to spend a day with my husband at one point in time. I would not drive 200 miles to meet a man that I chatted with online. Doubtful he would drive here. Be sure to set your distance settings to what YOU would be willing to drive or fly.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Aug, 2020 06:56 PM

Starting off long distance takes two very mature individuals not afraid of stepping out of their comfort zone in terms of communication and commitment. It requires one person to leave everything behind and move which isn't something most people would want to do.

If it's international... you can add language/visas/cultural differences/out-of whack time zones. Expect your wallet to feel lighter.

Zee and the ladies are catching on to many good points.

slightlybrokenwing72

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2020 01:46 PM

everyone is different...

for me, i wouldn't talk to someone online if i didn't have some interest in them as a person or something else. i'm not into just randomly filling my time with people who i don't actually enjoy talking to. i can walk in the forest and talk to God rather than waste the time of someone I don't see as at least a friend.

at the same time.. relationships? well, anyone i met online... that was a fizzle. idk why. funny to have great online chemistry and nothing when it comes to in person.

(so maybe some or all of the people you'd have actually gotten to meet would have turned to nothing anyway?)

hard to say how is best way to meet someone. i'd prefer that meeting people at church or synagogue would work... but i keep liking small places with no one in my age range at all :P lol... but you're young, maybe you have better luck with in person at church? idk.

but yeah... i wish i could help you to know how to tell if someone is talking for no reason, and when they're sincere... i joke with my friends that it takes a year into a relationship to tell if the other person can even stand you... its... yeah, complicated :(.

i hope you find what you look for :)