Author Thread: Why "Christian" man think sex before marriage is OK?
Anne_lulu

View Profile
History
Why "Christian" man think sex before marriage is OK?
Posted : 20 Jun, 2020 11:42 AM

I want to know why in a site like this where you suppose to find a Christian man, when conversations come about fornication they said that is for people who are not committed but if you know you want to marry that person why not?

So what about what the Bible say?

I hope Christian man respond

Matt08805

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2021 12:25 PM

Simple: Biology. Christian or not, men are fighting against their biological mandate from the day they take their first breath - this is true of Priests, Ministers, etc.

FaithfulPilgrim

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Nov, 2021 06:20 PM

I agree with what many others have said. A man should not request sex before marriage. I will also say that a couple should avoid situations that may lead to wanting to have sex. I heard a Pastor once say that you have to know yourself and if holding hands or kissing leads moves you wanting to have sex or anything else then you should avoid doing those things. To me kissing will cause most people problems so it should be avoided or limited until after marriage. I really think that marriage is far more beyond sex and more based on friendship so if a relationship seems to be just about wanting to have sex before marriage it may be better to just move on and find someone who enjoys your company without trying to pressure you to have sex before marriage

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Sep, 2022 07:49 AM

And why want marriage, but not want kids?

I do not think that most Christian men think it is okay (by Bible standards) to have sex before marriage. More know it is sin, but do it anyway because their love for Christ is not perfect and they love the flesh more than they love Christ.

Yet all sex is union. 1 Corinthians 6:16 makes that plain.

The edict by God is "The two shall become one flesh."

Adam and Eve did not have customs of marriage, yet are regarded as husband and wife.

The Bible says, "“If a man seduces a virgin who is not pledged to be married and sleeps with her, he must pay the bride-price, and she shall be his wife." (Exodus 22:16)

The Bible also says, " If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives." (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

Leviticus 21:13-14 says, "The woman he marries must be a virgin. He must not marry a widow, a divorced woman, or a woman defiled by prostitution, but only a virgin from his own people."

But no one follows the Bible any more. It is the age of grace. We have become "Replace Testament Christians".

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Apr, 2023 08:13 PM

What the Bible says is 1 Corinthians 6:16. Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.”

All sex is a form of marriage whether proper or improper or right or wrong.

Examples: Exodus 22:16 and Deuteronomy 22:28-29

Page : 1 2 3