Author Thread: a little sermon on high tech sex
Admin

a little sermon on high tech sex
Posted : 17 Jul, 2009 05:42 PM

dear folks, i wanna talk to ya about about our morals towards new age sex here tonight

ephesians 5:19 now the works of the flesh are evident which are adultery ,fornication ,uncleaness,lewdness,

in todays modern technology folks have come up with all kinds of new ways to have sex without even being with a person. and thats all it is is just sex. it cant be anyhing else but personal satisfaction. you have cyber sex on a computer screen. then you have whats called phone sex where one has sex over the phone . then you even have cam sex and have self gratifyin sex . can be a combination of all three.

now we have tuned into the internet to search for mates or have fellowship and then some of us have turned the net into a sexual playground of sorts. using even christian sites as a place to find and prey on others to have sex with them through these means. and yes folks even good folks can slip ifn they aint careful.. this is sin people period. it goes against what GOD teaches you.

and folks us as christian men and women are easy marks if we are not strong. heres why. most christian folks are tryin to be good where they live .so theyre not having sex where folks will know they are.. by seein cars parked there all night and what nots. we re really tryin to be good. and most prolly have succeded for long periods of time. and then we get on the internet . were on a christian site where we feel safe and tend to let our guards down. now remember folks that the wolves never stray far from the sheep.. just cause the site says christian dont mean to let our guard down.. believe me there are even unsaved folks here amongst us that come here because hey lets face it there are easy prey here. lots of folks here are divorced and lonely and havent had sex in a long time and thats a dangerous combination. remember if you put in your profile you are lonely, or you miss the sex or say it in a room you just put a bullseye on your back. if there is a predator there and sees it you can bet hes gonna come callin on ya. they know you are in a weakened state because youre lonely and vulnerable and have been abstainin..

and then we may even have a brother or a sister thats weak theirself and can mess up too.. . . or even we may have one of us also come at us with words of love not as a wolf but will still make us stumble and sin .

or we may have an unsaved or saved person amongst us that really wants to find love and can cause us to stumble and sin too.

GOD meant for man and woman to make love to each other as man and wife . not to just have sex with anyone or even the ones we love. but to make love to your husband or your wife. now you tell me how you can have anything but sex with the ways ive spoke of.. you cant make love why you cant even toutch the other person so how can it be makin love? it cant. youre not married to the person its already sin.. but im here to tell you if you try to justify it with makin love you cannot make love. over the net phone or cam not possible. you can only have self gratifyin sex there. thats it..

it dont make no difference if folks cant see the car parked next door .... GOD sees ya ... and HE sees ya sinning and haveing sex pure self gratifying sex. immoral , we have got to get ourselves our morals back folks. GOD dont love us sinnin and havin unwed sex of any kind .. sin sin sin sin sin ...

thats all it is.

better to marry than to burn with passion. i know its tough but you and i have got to be strong and resist the temptaions. if you start to thinkin bout things like that just try to picture GOD lookin down at you and watchin you.

look folks if you have stumbled do ask forgiveness and repent . ask to be washed clean so you wont do it anymore. GOD is a kind and merciful GOD he will forgive you if you ask and mean it. and repent of it so you wont go back and do it again and again.

your flesh has to battle with the sins of the world. but we got the HOLY SPIRIT inside of us to help fight it with spiritual power. trun away from it. and im tellin you right now. dont go there GOD dont want you to go there

. you can find real love on the net but do it the christian way the way the bible tells us to and then you will be blessed in your relations .. youre not gonna be blessed doing it the other ways. none of us wanna fail again so do it by the book you wont regret that. may glory be to GOD as we win the battles within us all.

MAY ALL GLORY BE TO GOD!

ole cattle

jlou872

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 12:28 PM

Dear Cattleman, fantastic word. Thanks

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 02:07 PM

Cattle,

Your message is important for all of us. We as Christians are not above falling into temptation.

Sometimes "good intentions" can become very clouded. Personally I believe that it is wise to keep others involved with any courting, dating or romantic process. There is safety for us in that and for whoever we may be involved with. Sometimes (if not all the time) chaperones are needed even over the internet.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 04:44 PM

Jlou872,

I tried to write you, but I'm blocked:goofball:

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 05:47 PM

dear folks, ill just ask yawl this one question...

if folks didnt think it was wrong to do the mast thang.. then how come ya hide when ya do it? GOD still sees ya.. sposin JESUS was to come back for ya right then?

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 08:15 PM

After reading over the original post and most of the comments, I think many have missed something very important.

Choosing to do or not do something shouldn't be a choice of whether or not it's a "good" thing or a "bad" thing. The bottom line should be, does the particular act display love for Christ? The first commandment God spoke was to have no other gods before him. To love him more than all else. We've gotten so hooked on whether or not we're sinning and we've forgotten that it's about a love between the Creator and his created.

I think this further applies to masturbation. Masturbation is a sin..

From Matthew 18:8..

If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire.

What is the origin of an act of masturbation? Lustful thinking. It starts with an impure thought. Many try to justify masturbation. No, sorry. You cannot justify it. It is, as it was said, gratification of self.

The two greatest commandments..

1. Love God.

2. Love people.

I wish we could stop focusing on whether or not things are sin and start looking at who is brought to glory. If it is ourselves, then maybe we should rethink. I'm not saying that everything is black & white and clear as day. That's clearly not true. But for the heart of matters, we have to stop trying to be good people; that's not what God called us to do as Christians. He called us to love him, to glorify his name, and to bring others to him.

-steps down off of soap box- :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 08:46 PM

dear miss hannah, welcome to the forums.. you had alot of good things to say there. and i agree with all but this one little part...

your words here.

we have to stop trying to be good people; that's not what God called us to do as Christians. He called us to love him, to glorify his name

mine here

GOD does call on us to be good people.. how do you love GOD? we keep HIS commandments. .. and we glorify HIS name by bein good people and following HIS commandments. .. so we need to do the best we can to be as good as we can..

1 john 5:2-3 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments.and HIS commandments are not burdensome.

ole cattle

gracefreedme

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 07:00 AM

dear cattle,

I have to agree with misshannah. Isn't that where the Jews of O.T. times messed up, they focused so much on keeping the law that they missed the main point.

In the the N.T. most of what is written tells we are free from the law. Now does this mean we can do whatever we please no. ( I believe all of this is from Romans but didn't take the time to look it up ). If we shift our focus from obeying rules to loving God and building a relationship with Him then all the rest comes naturally. The desires of our heart change, and therefore our outward actions change.

By the way, loved your sermon, and you are right on the mark. Amen brother:applause:

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 08:02 PM

You're correct, but my point was what you do should reflect your love for God. If you love God, you'll obey his commands.. and if you obey his commands, you're loving God. It's one big circle. Our choices shouldn't be determined on whether or not it's a "good" choice because "good" is a VERY relative term. Instead, choices should be made that reflect his glory. Clearly we ARE supposed to be "good" people, but so many have turned Christianity into whether or not we're being good people. This is why it's so unattractive to non-believers. They see what we do and don't do; not our love for a Savior. And that, my friend, is very wrong. If they think that what we do is based off of rules, they're clearly mistaken. Our choices are based off of a very deep love of Christ, and choosing to not engage in certain acts is because we trust that God knows what's best for us.

Let me put this into practice. If a wife does something for her husband, it's not because her first thought is, "I have to be a good wife." No, her love for him is so deep that her first thought is, "I love him." When we choose to do things because they're the "Christian" thing to do, we risk relying on our own will power and not on the power of God.

Is that a little more clear? I can see how I came across the wrong way.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2009 08:00 AM

dear folks, gfm man, you make some good points ..

is it they messed up so much because they focussed so much on keeping the law or because they were unable as men to keep the law theirselves? GOD kept tellin em all along keep MY commandments .. see folks were unable to keep the whole law all the time. so JESUS was sent and made us free from law because now we who have accepted HIM as our personal savior .. we are now under grace.. GOD knows were not perfect.. so if we mess up and stumble we can ask for forgiveness and be forgiven.. but he still expects us to keep HIS commands.. and as JESUS tells us the two greatest commands that HE gave to us hang all the law and prophets.. as love does no harm to a neighbor..

as john 14:15 JESUS tells us HIMSLEF if you love ME keep MY commandments..

john 14:15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments

john15:9-10 9 as the FATHER loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2009 08:29 AM

dear miss hannah, again you do make some good points.. i appreciate your input here.. youre pretty wise for one so young..

you are right out choices should be made to reflect HIS glory.. therefore if one doesnt make good choices and choose to follow HIS ways ,what kind of reflection is that? not one that reflects HIS glory. see us as christians are expected to do good and walk in HIS ways.. thats how we show our love for our SAVIOR.. i think what makes christianity so unattractive to non believers is when they see us doin wrong and not followin HIS commands. when they see us as hypocrites .why would they wanna be like us? when they see us doin wrong they see us as hypocrites.. when theyre doin wrong they see themselves as just doin wrong.. or maybe they dont even see what theyre doin as wrong.. show them the love of CHRIST and show them that you are different and for the better different..

i really like your analogy of the wife and husband.. that was pretty good. i would like to add to it if i may.. lets say the wife loves her husband unconditionally as GOD does us.. and lets say the husband is not following the guidelines as laid out in the bible as to how hes sposed to love his wife.. if he doesnt follow that law then it will put a strain on their relationship.. or lets say hes sinnin against her and not followin what the bible tells him , well she still loves him.. but the relationship is strained and they grow further apart.. same way with you and GOD.. when youre walkin in sin you are further away and cant have the relationship that youd really like to have with GOD , that closeness you can have when you are walkin as close to right as ya can.. and if you continue on that path next thing you know youll be very far away.. and itll be a struggle for you to get back to that good place in your relationship...

ole cattle

Page : 1 2