Author Thread: The Rules for Christian Dating?
Admin

The Rules for Christian Dating?
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 05:27 AM

Hi everybody. i know i might sound naive asking this, LOL, but i really don't care how i may sound as long as i get the right answer.

a Christian couple is dating. what is biblically allowed to physically express affection/love to one another.

(1) no sex until marriage

(2) hugging, but no heavy petting, right?

(3) kissing, but not passionate ones, right?

(4) holding hands is acceptable

i would appreciate if anymore else can share the "rules for Christian dating."

Thank you

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 12:48 PM

well hey zoe.....i geuss you got me there.....no sex of course....it would be different for everyone i geuss,but you have to be careful,especially if theres a strong attraction by both people!:hearts:

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 03:30 PM

i know...i know....it's gonna be hard not expressing oneself. hard but not impossible to do. thanks.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 08:05 PM

After reading all that I get the dating part. But... after your married it is GAME ON!! Right?

*gigglez*

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2009 04:47 PM

oohhhh yyyeeaaahhh!!!!!!!!!

sportsguyclb89

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2009 08:34 PM

theres plenty of little 'rules' I guess as Christians we have made so that we can be blameless in the activities that we do or in this case how we carry about relationships. All of the above that was said are great.....I agree completely. However, we all gotta understand that this life we live isn't based upon the rules but upon the condtion of our hearts. Yes theres a fine line with what is sin and what isn't sin, but I hope to believe that we as followers of Christ can understand that its much more than "oh what can I get away with so that I wont feel guilty of sin." One of my favorite verses says "all things are lawful for me, but not all things are expedient. all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not." - 1 Corinthians 10:23. Basically look at your heart, your underlining intention......yes the Bible clearly states what is right and what is wrong, which helps in guiding our hearts into the right direction. But for the things the Bible doesnt complete allude too, just use some good ole' holy spirit common sense......and this can go for anything that seems to fall into those "gray areas" of the Christian life.....

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 10:13 AM

BROTHER SPORTSGUY, U ARE TOTALLY RIGHT, WHAT AN EYE OPENER.

AT THE END OF THE DAY, NOT EVERYTHING THAT IS IN OUR HEART, WILL COME OUT FROM OUR MOUTH AND NOT EVERY RULE WE FOLLOW VIA THE WORDS WE SPEAK AND THE WAY WE CONDUCT OURSELVES, WOULD SING THE SAME TUNE WITHIN OUR HEARTS.

WHEN THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT ARRIVES, WE WILL OF COURSE BE JUDGED ON OUR INNER BEING. AS GOD SAID IN HIS WORD, ITS NOT EVERY ONE THAT WILL CALL HIS NAME THAT WILL ENTER INTO PARADISE WITH HIM, INSTEAD, THOSE WHO HAVE AN IMPURE HEART AND DID NOT FOLLOW HIS RULES, HE WILL EXPLAIN THAT HE DID NOT KNOW THEM.

I DONT REMEMBER WHERE THAT VERSE IS, BUT I AM SURE SOME OF US MUST HAVE COME ACROSS THAT VERSE.

BUT ANYHU, WELL SAID, BROTHER SPORTSGUY.:rocknroll:

Page : 1 2