Author Thread: I've been told so many times that if I'm not happy being single that I won't be happy being married
Admin

I've been told so many times that if I'm not happy being single that I won't be happy being married
Posted : 19 Oct, 2020 07:28 PM

But that's further from the truth for me. I'm not happy being single. I'm sad, and getting to someone who loves me would make me even happier. And I know Jesus can make me happy, but do you ever think there's a reason why I'm sad being single? I've tried asking God to take this desire out of my heart. I've cried and pleaded for Him to take it out of me, but every time I do it's like the desire in my heart gets stronger. I've asked Him to remove other things from my heart, sinful things, and He did. I'm not going to say that I know for sure that it's His will for me to marry someone, but I don't understand why He won't take this desire from my heart. Maybe it's just me, I don't know, all I know is that I want this even more than I did years ago. The desire has gotten even greater since then. Maybe, if it's His will, He will use the two of us to give Him more glory. Maybe He's going to give me this desire in my heart and He's going to give me and her a big testimony. If that's the case then I hope and pray that He does. Because I get so much joy out of giving my Lord and savior praise and honor. And if He does choose to let me marry then it's not going to be because I do or what she does, it's going to be because of Him. And no, I don't believe she's going to be a sinner, I believe God will place me with a christian woman if He's going to place me with anyone. And I'd rather He did. I wouldn't want to marry someone that I'm not going to stroll over Heaven with. As long as the Lord wants it for me, then I want it. Also, writing all of this has restored my faith. For some reason I don't feel sad anymore, or hurt. Maybe the Lord wanted me to write this here for a reason. I really don't know. Whatever it is then I hope that all of you who happens to read this understands, or at least try to. That's all.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
I've been told so many times that if I'm not happy being single that I won't be happy being married
Posted : 29 Oct, 2020 03:41 AM

We have to be able to look at ourselves see what we need to work on and then do it...:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2020 04:33 PM

Why would anyone put their fingers in my ears? That's gross. Also I've already worked on myself. I'm happy with where I'm at right now. It's just I would be even more happier if I found someone who wants to be happy with me. Yes, I struggle, but all of God's children struggle with something. All of God's children feel broken. But it's through the brokenness He is made stronger. And I just want to share those struggles with others who are struggling themselves. I want to share this journey, so others will lean on Christ more and not upon their own understanding. Maybe it's crazy of me to want to do that, but I don't care. As long as I'm glorifying God then I'm not going to stop. If others on here judge me for it then judge away. No one here truly knows me or my heart except the Lord. All I can say is that I am who God made me to be. I am His and His alone. If anyone would like to find anything wrong with what I'm saying here then go ahead. I'm tired of trying to prove myself to others. I only care about what God thinks of me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2020 04:53 PM

Your fingers, Morgan.

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Oct, 2020 05:52 PM

Yes Ivy. I have ten of them.

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Oct, 2020 06:12 PM

You shouldn't put your fingers in your ears. No else is doing it.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Nov, 2020 10:06 AM

The Bible never encourages a person simply to be “happy” in a state of lack, a state of pain or a state of loneliness.

The Bible commands people rather to be “content” and to be “joyful”—with a specific purpose in mind.

James 1:2-4 says, “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the >>>testing of your faith develops perseverance<<<. Perseverance must finish its work >>>so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” <<<

1 Peter 1:6-9 “In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. >>>These have come<<< so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—>>>may be proved genuine<<< and may >>>result in praise, glory and honor<<< when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the >>>goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls”<<<

Telling people to be “happy” while lonely, while in pain or under trial rings kinda hollow. Kinda like, “I’m just so happy I hurt!!”

God, not Satan, is the one who designs trials in our lives specifically for his purposes and ultimately for our good.

But because we know, by faith, that God is at work in all the trials of our lives, even through pain, we can learn to be joyful and content.

Not an easy thing to do or to endure, just ask Job.

The trials of God also expose false “Christians“, like Charles Darwin, who became an atheist.

But true lovers of God, like Job, may chafe under trail at the first but ultimately they draw even closer to God in the end

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2020 05:50 PM

But my fingers aren't in my ears.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2020 07:30 PM

Wow, A pathway to success what a wonderful response that give way for you to decide if you want to travel down. The truth unsweetened is hard to take but it is healthier you are your happiness it comes from within the joy of the Lord is your strength he will give you the tools to succeed if you want to be truly happy

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jan, 2021 04:01 AM

Amen...:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Aug, 2021 04:26 AM

That makes sense. When i am not happy being single, God give people that bring drama to my life and my life is getting ruined because of that. But, when i am happy with single life and love my single life, God give me a best man that makes my life happier and better. Why i said happier and better is because i am happy already and living a best life. Then God, decided to give someone with the same quality like me to enhance the happiness in my life

Page : 1 2 3