Author Thread: Modesty
seekeruvtruth

View Profile
History
Modesty
Posted : 13 Nov, 2020 02:08 AM

This question was posed to me "what is your motivation to appear publicly with your private areas being emphasized and on display for even small children to see; doesn't pedophelia offend you?" I was immediately shocked and bought an entire new wardrobe.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Modesty
Posted : 13 Nov, 2020 04:02 AM

Seekeruvthruth I am wondering what were you wearing ? that emphasized or exposed your private parts. So that someone felt the need approach you and make that statement...:-)

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Modesty
Posted : 13 Nov, 2020 04:10 AM

* emphasized or displayed *

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
History
Modesty
Posted : 13 Nov, 2020 02:06 PM

tight clothing about my chest and rear end, short skirts, v neck blouses.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Modesty
Posted : 14 Nov, 2020 05:25 AM

I think if you're happy with your decision, to change the way you dressed it's a good thing.

But I'm always wary of those who try and tie others in knots, based "on their idea" of what it means to be a Christian....:-)

View Profile
History
Modesty
Posted : 14 Nov, 2020 09:41 AM

I'm sorry you had that experience. It was wrong of them to think of you like that.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Modesty
Posted : 16 Nov, 2020 04:40 AM

Seekeruvtruth when I first became a Christian I was told that I should stop wearing trousers, jewellery, makeup etc...

When anyone says anything to me I don't just take their word for it, I go to my Bible and see if there's any validity in what they've said more often than not there isn't.

Nearly 30 years later I'm still wearing trousers jewellery & makeup...:-)

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
Modesty
Posted : 17 Nov, 2020 01:39 AM

Here in Ezekiel 23, is Aholah and Aholibah. Gods testimony to the world (this testimony lasts for ever) of Jerusalem and Samaria (Israel)

Samaria only had love for its wicked neighbours the Assyrians, instead of love foe the Lord God...

Ezekiel 23:4 And the names of them were Aholah the elder, and Aholibah her sister: and they were mine, and they bare sons and daughters. Thus were their names; Samaria is Aholah, and Jerusalem Aholibah.

5 And Aholah played the harlot when she was mine; and she doted on her lovers, on the Assyrians her neighbours,

Jerusalem followed the evil example they witnessed, of Aholah playing the harlot, and became more corrupted then she, again with the Assyrians, their captains all clothed most gorgeously, all desirable...

Ezekiel 23:11 And when her sister Aholibah saw this, she was more corrupt in her inordinate love than she, and in her whoredoms more than her sister in her whoredoms.

12 She doted upon the Assyrians her neighbours, captains and rulers clothed most gorgeously, horsemen riding upon horses, all of them desirable young men.

Aholar and Aholibah committed adultery, and served idols, and burned their own sons in the fire o their idols, and also defiled the Holy sanctuary of the Lord God by the same day of murdering their own children to enter into it, profaning Gods temple, and also they sent for men to come to them, and they painted their eyes for them, and decked themselves with ornaments (gold earings and jewelry, and sat upon a grand bed and a table prepared with incense and oil...

Ezekiel 23:37 That they have committed adultery, and blood is in their hands, and with their idols have they committed adultery, and have also caused their sons, whom they bare unto me, to pass for them through the fire, to devour them

38 Moreover this they have done unto me: they have defiled my sanctuary in the same day, and have profaned my sabbaths.

39 For when they had slain their children to their idols, then they came the same day into my sanctuary to profane it; and, lo, thus have they done in the midst of mine house.

40 And furthermore, that ye have sent for men to come from far, unto whom a messenger was sent; and, lo, they came: for whom thou didst wash thyself, paintedst thy eyes, and deckedst thyself with ornaments

41 And satest upon a stately bed, and a table prepared before it, whereupon thou hast set mine incense and mine oil.

The subtle woman met the man void of understanding, the attire (clothing and jewelry) of an harlot, she caught the foolish man and decked her bed with coverings of tapestry and with fine linen of Egypt, and perfumed her bed with myrrh, aloes and cinnamon..

Proverbs 7:10 And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.

11 (She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house:

12 Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.)

13 So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him,

14 I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows.

15 Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.

16 I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt.

17 I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.

Jezebel painted her face, and tired her head.

God judges Jezebel (this whole world is judged through this) Jezzebel called herself a prophetess to teach and to seduce Gods servants (men) to commit fornication, and to sacrifice unto idols..

2 Kings 9:30 And when Jehu was come to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it; and she painted her face, and tired her head, and looked out at a window.

Revelation 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

This might cast light onto the whole purpose of the Lord, remembering the subtle of heart is the devil, and how the testimony reveals her feet do not abide at home..

"there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart

She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house."

Now we can see when all is understood together, these are not teachings to control women or for men to feel superior, they are the righteous judgments of the Lord to believe in, to be guided by, to be chaste, keepers at home, this is how the word of God will not be blasphemed, as Aholibah( Jerusalem) had profaned the Lords Holy temple..

Titus 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Again that women be dressed in modest clothing, shamefacedness, not without shame as the testimony above, not with specially attired hair, no gold or pearls or costly array, but clothed with good works as women professing godliness..

1 Timothy 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

Psalm 132:9 Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness; and let thy saints shout for joy.

Jeremiah 3:3 Therefore the showers have been withholden, and there hath been no latter rain; and thou hadst a whoore's forehead, thou refusedst to be ashamed.

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
History
Modesty
Posted : 17 Nov, 2020 06:59 AM

I agree with the message that was given to me to become more modest. The message was actually given to me in a dream. What even convinced me more to stop wearing make up was all of the animal testing and sacrifice that the industry uses to manufacture the products (even human aborted stem cells). Then think of all of the wasted resources that could have been used to feed the starving people. Also I remember a young grade school girl wearing modest clothing and when she saw me, she started pulling at her clothing to try to make it appear tight; again I was filled with guilt for the things I was wearing. Women do not need make up or jewelry to be beautiful.

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
History
Modesty
Posted : 17 Nov, 2020 07:04 AM

I do not think it was wrong to be corrected about my corruption. I am very glad to change to be more pleasing to Jesus. I am sorry that all of the cartoons and dolls I had distorted my thoughts and perceptions of what beauty is supposed to be. No one even offered me modesty as a child and I feel cheated. I only wanted to attract one man, but instead I attracted a pack of wolves. I do not want to dress as the predators would want me to dress.

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
Modesty
Posted : 18 Nov, 2020 09:25 AM

yes you have sensitivity to care for the life God has made, it's good you notice things and they impact you because caring is wearing love, and love covers a multitude of sins and covers all shame...

1 Peter 4:8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

Revelation 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Jesus is beauty, not as seen in the beautiful looking movies, but who bore our sins and illnesses and all our distortions:

Zechariah 11:10 And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people.

Isaiah 52:14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

Isaiah 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

People have everlasting ugliness, which is uncleanness, and the everlasting beauty is Holiness:

Psalm 96:9 O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth.

1 Chronicles 16:29 Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.

Matthew 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Remember Apostle Paul, he is the Apostle to the whole world, and had to know what he had done previously, as this is how God does His wonders nobody can believe in. So don't feel cheated, feel too glad you have the Holy calling now...

2 Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Page : 1 2