Author Thread: party
Admin

party
Posted : 22 Jul, 2009 06:13 PM

dear folks, lets say your church members were gonna have a little get together away from the church ..say at someones home.. and you take a date or not and when you get there you see coolers filled with beer. or kegs sittin on the tables with the food. and folks are drinkin, would you stay?

ole cattle

slj3_1

View Profile
History
party
Posted : 22 Jul, 2009 08:40 PM

No, I would not stay. Would you?

Sandy

View Profile
History
party
Posted : 22 Jul, 2009 09:05 PM

i can say i would probably, most definitely leave. i've never been into the whole alcohol thing. i'm 21 and never touched alcohol only because i haven't had the desire to. just don't want to be around that kind of thing and put myself in that situation any longer than i'd have to.

cristy

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
party
Posted : 23 Jul, 2009 01:57 PM

I'd say alcohol is a little to dangerous for me...I have a hard enough time keeping myself under control as it is...never tried it, never want to...:toomuch::dunce::goofball:

View Profile
History
party
Posted : 23 Jul, 2009 04:39 PM

dear sandy,, no id not stay.. as someone may stumble and i dont wanna be a part of that.. it would kinda take me back some. i wouldnt be expecting that..

and thanks to all for answerin..

ole cattle

tristan07

View Profile
History
party
Posted : 24 Jul, 2009 09:37 PM

hmm... depends on the circle of freinds. I have some freinds who are believers who drink very responsably. I also know a ton of pagans who just pound beer.

hide the beer that pastors here? I would not drink though, its a *meat issue* for me.

View Profile
History
party
Posted : 29 Jul, 2009 04:32 PM

I w ould not stay any longer than to say hello and thank you for inviting me.. I am not a drinker and REALLY avoid those who do and to think people would drink then drive home.. no nono

GBU

bethany

View Profile
History
party
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 01:35 PM

I would say they should read the last few verses of Proverbs 23, and then I would leave, lol.

View Profile
History
party
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 01:53 PM

we are to be a light into the darkness of this world, if we drink what does that say, as ole cattle stated, we must not put a stumbling block before brother, that is why we must not engage in such foolishness. My family has dealt with alcohol issues, particularly my grandfather, and alcohol took him to his grave, by way of liver failure. He once said that it was always that one beef, or that one shot that kept him from being free, he couldn't let go of it, he was held in bondage because of it, and if he started he couldn't stop. The holy spirit cannot dwell in an unworthy vessel, and if you want more of god you must cleanse yourself of worldly things. What are you drinking for in the first place, so you can feel comfortable with your friends, or you don't want to make them feel out of the loop, or you yourself out of the loop. Aren't we in the world but not of the world. Compromising on anything will only lead to more compromise. I hate alcohol and any other drug with a passion. Anything that stimulates or alters your reality is clearly wrong. And the bible clearly states that the drunkard shall perish along with all of the others that are lost. Honestly, who is going to say enough is enough, is it one or two beers, or one glass of wine, two, or three? The US Department of Agr. did a study on healthy alcohol intake and found that "A drink is 12 ounces of beer, 5 ounces of wine, or 1.5 ounces of 80-proof spirits" so if you go over that in one day, you are being unhealthy by worldly standards, lol. So, then you are jeopardizing the health of your body which is god's temple. As well as the only form of alcohol that has any health benefits is red wine and that is because of the antioxidants, it has also been shown to increase life longevity by 2 years or more if consumed daily in the 5 ounce increments once a day. Just as Paul told timothy that wine should be used only to cure or aid the stomach. Alcohol must be something you must be very careful with, and you must question your intentions for drinking in the first place, if it is not for health benefits, or for communion, I think you really need to evaluate your situation. All in all, lets not be ignorant about this, or fulfill our own selfish needs and wants, lets focus on what Christ would want and what is beneficial for us and Christians and the body of Christ. God bless.

myhopejeremiah29_11

View Profile
History
party
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 11:09 PM

Nah I wouldn't stay. Because statistics show that alcohol=stupidity. Leave me out of that.