Author Thread: Gender Roles
Kristofer777

View Profile
History
Gender Roles
Posted : 24 Jan, 2021 11:08 AM

What are your thoughts on Biblical gender roles? Dress code? Hairstyles? Should jobs and tasks be gender based? Are men the leaders of their families, or is marriage an equal partnership? Should education be different for boys and girls? These days the genders are blurred more than ever it seems. How do we live and raise children according to God's plan for the roles of men and women?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Gender Roles
Posted : 24 Jan, 2021 05:24 PM

Hairstyles? Should jobs and tasks be gender based? Are men the leaders of their families, or is marriage an equal partnership? Should education be different for boys and girls? These days the genders are blurred more than ever it seems. How do we live and raise children according to God's plan for the roles of men and women?

The Bible can’t be more clear.

Both men and women are to cover their bodies.

To date, most men generally still wear clothing that covers their bodies from the neck down to the ankles just like women’s dress used to.

But in the last 100 years, roughly about the 1920’s, both men and women have encouraged other women to show more skin and to wear more revealing clothing styles.

About the same time period, women also began cutting their hair short. Seems the George Washington look became popular for some women.

I think the Amish have it right in some ways or nearly right. Nevertheless, the Amish still haven’t adequately defended mustache-less beards nor have they defended women’s head coverings and uniform dress codes. I heard a defense for forcing women to cover their hair with caps but the argument was very weak.

There’s another kind of breed called the Short Haired Baptist. They think men should be beardless (because that amounts to men wearing “long hair”). One Short Haired Baptist, Jack Hyles, even teaches that Jesus didn’t wear a beard—yet the Bible is clear he did.

I believe Jack also thinks a man is sinning if the man’s locks touch the man’s ears.

In the meantime, Jack doesn’t seem to be as concerned about women’s progressive clothing and hair style changes which violate the Word of God.

View Profile
History
Gender Roles
Posted : 26 Jan, 2021 08:15 PM

The education system is set up in way in efforts to make it more standardized and "equitable." However the classroom setting learning environment isn't set up well for guys. Meanwhile, societal expectations expect women to succeed on their career ladder while bearing most of the domestic work causing the double burden. In turn, children get taught by society rather than parents. It's lose lose for both genders and for children of both genders.

It's not all grim. With the opportunity to work in the gig economy, parents have the option to be open to have alternative education for the kids while doing remote work.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Gender Roles
Posted : 27 Jan, 2021 05:23 AM

Society has changed over the last 200 yrs . I agree with JJ in part, the educational system has changed minds her in USA especially.

God never changes Women have a time and Men have a role in the family. I do know people close to me who have done just that.

Fact is, you both have to out God first in your life to make it work .

Couples are in chaos and many divorce because both or one of them are not seeking God for guidance.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Gender Roles
Posted : 27 Jan, 2021 05:25 AM

"Put" God first

edit

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Gender Roles
Posted : 29 Jan, 2021 06:07 PM

I was just reading a blog concerning “equal partnering” or “shared submission” between husband and wife.

Seems this kind of cultural Marxism has not only infiltrated political platform formation thus “left wing” politics but it may have originated from within the left leaning Evangelical wing of the church.

View Profile
History
Gender Roles
Posted : 30 Jan, 2021 04:44 AM

Considering the woman is submitting to being lead spiritually, protected, cherished, and nourished, I just don’t get the problem. The woman is submitting to allowing her husband to give his life up for her. The woman is submitting to being loved. The woman is going to serve her husband for sure. But marriage is supposed to be a picture of Christ and the Church. Don’t we want to serve Christ who gave up His life for us?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Gender Roles
Posted : 1 Feb, 2021 03:04 PM

People promise things that they never follow through on, After the marriage.

Couples better talk about Everything important to them Before you say " I do."

Or seek counseling if you are afraid to ask each other Questions.

Marriage it's always a nice picnic.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Gender Roles
Posted : 1 Feb, 2021 03:05 PM

"Isn't always "

edit

:-)

View Profile
History
Gender Roles
Posted : 1 Feb, 2021 04:46 PM

No. It's not always a picnic. Doesn't make the roles God gave any less important.

View Profile
History
Gender Roles
Posted : 1 Feb, 2021 04:53 PM

The couple should be praying together all the time and ready to be forgiving at those times when things aren't so much a picnic.

Page : 1 2 3