Author Thread: What's wrong with older men?
Admin

What's wrong with older men?
Posted : 28 Jan, 2021 06:26 PM

Just wondering why so many younger women here exclude older men from being able to message them.

Although it's not always the case, older men are oftentimes more mature, more responsible, etc., etc., etc.

Anyhow, I'd be interested in hearing responses from some younger women here.

Thanks.

Passionfruit720

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2021 05:25 AM

Same reason as your choice of younger women? It's a matter of preference and better left unsaid.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2021 05:53 AM

Hi Passionfruit720.

I did mention in my profile that I tend to get along better with younger women, but I didn't say that I prefer them.

I'm thinking, based upon past experience and what certain women have told me, that some of the reasons why I tend to get along better with younger women are, as I mentioned in my initial post, older men are oftentimes wise, mature, responsible, etc., etc., and younger women don't always find those types of traits in younger men, even if only due to lack of life experiences, so they appreciate them when they do find them elsewhere.

Anyhow, the purpose of my question was to find out about preferences, so telling me that certain things are better left unsaid doesn't really answer my question.

I don't mean for that to sound rude.

I'm just saying that you really didn't answer my question.

irc1

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2021 07:00 AM

Well i dont know, how it is in your country, but in Denmark many boys, ( yes i call them boys as they behave like one ) still are very immature even when close to their 30's

så why should a woman waste her times with such a boy??

Off course there also older women +25 there are still running around and behave like teenagers 15-16-17 of age. And this will typically punish lafer in life, because they waste a lot of years during that.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2021 07:13 AM

What passion fruit said Is what came to my mind.

Most young women don't want older men they want young, fit, healthy men.

When I was in my 20s a 49 year old widowed man at church tried to pursue me.

Now there was nothing wrong with this man but he was a lot older, balding & had a little bit of a pouch.

All things that I found unappealing & off putting in my twenties. But as a women in my 50s I can now embrace as a part of the natural aging process.

That I'm also going through..:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2021 07:14 AM

Hi irc1.

There are many older "men" here in the USA who still behave like boys, so the problem isn't one-sided, and I never meant to suggest that it was.

As Elihu said in the book of Job:

"And Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered and said, I am young, and ye are very old; wherefore I was afraid, and durst not shew you mine opinion. I said, Days should speak, and multitude of years should teach wisdom. But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding. Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment." (Job 32:6-9)

Wisdom doesn't automatically come with age, and there are actually times when younger men are wiser than older men.

Anyhow, my goal in posting this question certainly wasn't to dismiss younger men altogether, but rather to find out why older men oftentimes are not even considered.

I mean, I'm no dope, and I have been around the block a few times, so I can pretty much guess some of the reasons why this is so, but I'd rather hear it directly from some of the younger women here, if they choose to respond, as opposed to making any assumptions.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2021 07:22 AM

Hi Jayzeee.

So, if I'm reading your response correctly, then for some younger women, at least, outward appearances are more important than inner character.

I mean, a man who had nothing wrong with him internally, but was experiencing the normal aging process externally, lost out to someone (s) more youthful in appearance.

Okay.

No surprise there, but some genuine concern.

I say that because I've personally met dozens (at least) of women who are trapped in a perpetual cycle of heartbreak/disappointment because they're more enraptured with the external than the internal.

Anyhow, thanks for your honest reply.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2021 08:04 AM

By the way, the primary reason why I asked my initial question is this:

Although I really don't like online dating forums in that I much prefer to meet people and interact with them face to face, I have visited a few forums over the last couple of years.

I never last more than a few months on any of them, and the main reason why relates directly to my initial question.

In other words, there have actually been several different times on different forums where I felt as if I was reading my own autobiography as I was reading somebody else's profile.

Initially, that was exciting in that I felt that I found somebody that I could truly relate to, interact with, and hopefully spend some quality time with.

However, in just about every instance, the person whose profile I was reading had an age restriction in relation to who could contact them, and I was left out in the cold.

Anyhow, that's my own personal disappointment, but I just wanted you all to understand the primary reason for my post.

Passionfruit720

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2021 03:06 PM

Physical attraction plays a major role in the dating game. More so online where anyone can be anyone they want to be even imaginary. With millions of people to choose from, there has to be a filter of sorts and age is the easiest to control as is location. But even those can be faked as well. But looks don't lie. Even if you say you're 30 years old and you look like a grandfather, no one will believe you. But thanks to video calls, that can easily be verified.

When you're young and you have the whole world to look forward to, why bother with people you don't think you'll get along with? There's that generation gap and you might not be on the same frequency, Unless they're looking for a father figure or a sugar daddy.

I don't like to elaborate on the obvious because it might hurt other people who are in denial about having reached that point. It all goes back to you. Why do you prefer women 12 years your junior or even younger? The answer to that might be their answer to you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2021 03:38 PM

Hi Passionfruit720.

Having just read your second response, I can see that you and I view people quite differently, and that's fine.

For example, just because a man was born several years before you were, that doesn't mean that he has to be a generation gap or that he must be viewed as a father figure or sugar daddy.

I mean, look at yourself 10 or 20 years from now.

Will you suddenly morph into someone who is out of touch with that current generation, or a mother figure, or a sugar momma just because you've aged, or will you still be the same person, but hopefully a bit wiser?

I can't speak for other men, but my age, in and of itself, doesn't define who I am.

For starters, I'm a Christian with an eternal hope and a Christlike care for others, but that doesn't seem to matter to some people here.

To each their own.

Anyhow, thanks for opening up with your views, and for answering my question.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2021 03:43 PM

Sorry for the typo in my last response.

That should have read "that doesn't mean that THERE has to be a generation gap", and not "that doesn't mean that HE has to be a generation gap".

Page : 1 2 3