Author Thread: What's wrong with older men?
Admin

What's wrong with older men?
Posted : 28 Jan, 2021 06:26 PM

Just wondering why so many younger women here exclude older men from being able to message them.

Although it's not always the case, older men are oftentimes more mature, more responsible, etc., etc., etc.

Anyhow, I'd be interested in hearing responses from some younger women here.

Thanks.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2021 04:35 PM

I thought that I'd add the following as a word of encouragement to any older men who might be following this conversation.

Although we were recently told that we're "in denial" to the alleged reality that we're no longer relevant to younger women due to an alleged "generation gap" unless they view us as "a father figure" or, even worse, "a sugar daddy", the Bible paints a completely different picture.

I'm actually trying not to chuckle as I type due to such an apparent irony on this forum.

I mean, I've personally read quite a few profiles in which younger women here have plainly stated that they're "looking for their Boaz", and, according to scripture, Boaz was considerably older than Ruth.

For example, when Boaz first met Ruth, he told her:

"Then said Boaz unto Ruth, Hearest thou not, my daughter? Go not to glean in another field, neither go from hence, but abide here fast by my maidens: Let thine eyes be on the field that they do reap, and go thou after them: HAVE I NOT CHARGED THE YOUNG MEN THAT THEY SHALL NOT TOUCH THEE? and when thou art athirst, go unto the vessels, and drink of that which the young men have drawn." (Ruth 2:8-9)

Why did Boaz need to charge THE YOUNG MEN not to touch Ruth?

Well, because she was A YOUNG WOMAN.

Later on, we read:

"And when Boaz had eaten and drunk, and his heart was merry, he went to lie down at the end of the heap of corn: and she came softly, and uncovered his feet, and laid her down. And it came to pass at midnight, that the man was afraid, and turned himself: and, behold, a woman lay at his feet. And he said, Who art thou? And she answered, I am Ruth thine handmaid: spread therefore thy skirt over thine handmaid; for thou art a near kinsman. And he said, Blessed be thou of the LORD, my daughter: for thou hast shewed more kindness in the latter end than at the beginning, INASMUCH AS THOU FOLLOWEDST NOT YOUNG MEN, whether poor or rich." (Ruth 3:7-10)

Again, why the distinction of Ruth not following YOUNG MEN as opposed to just men in general?

The obvious answer is that both the men and Ruth were considerably younger than Boaz.

Boaz was a near kinsman of Naomi's husband (Ruth 2:1), and Naomi herself was considerably older than Ruth in that she was Ruth's mother-in-law (Ruth 3:1).

Anyhow, as I mentioned earlier, I find it rather ironic that a lot of the same women here who are "seeking their Boaz" close the door to older men like Boaz.

For whatever that's worth...

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2021 06:02 AM

Outward appearance isn't "more important" than character, but it's up there along with a few other things.

In the same way I didn't want a man in his 40s when I was in my 20s I wouldn't want a man in his 70s now that I'm in my 50s.

I've always dated about 5/6 years older..:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2021 06:48 AM

Hi, Jayzeee.

I think that it's pretty obvious, both by reading peoples' profiles here and by general observation in the real world, that both men and women place way too much emphasis on outward appearances and not nearly enough on inward character.

It's kind of sad, really, especially in the context of those who call themselves Christians.

For example, I just finished reading the book of Isaiah for probably about the 50th (or more) time, and here is what it says about Jesus Christ in Isaiah 53:2:

"For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him." - KJV

"He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him." - NIV

Apparently, there was nothing in Jesus' outward appearance that would attract one to him, yet we all claim to have devoted our lives to him.

Why?

Well, because he laid his life down for us.

In the same manner that Christ laid down his life for the church, a man is to lay his life down for his wife (Ephesians 5:25-31).

THIS is what ought to be attracting women who profess to be Christians to men.

By the same token, men ought not be enamored with a woman's looks.

As Solomon so rightly noted:

"Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that fears the LORD, she shall be praised." (Proverbs 31:30)

Anyhow, I learned nothing new here.

As Solomon said elsewhere, "There's nothing new under the sun."

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2021 07:08 AM

Men are very Visual creatures . Every woman is not good looking so they have slim pickins.

Many men get left out because of what they Want and cannot get.

Some Dating sites don't guarantee a perfect match like cdff.

Woman are emotional so they can look past looks and see the heart of the man.

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2021 07:27 AM

Hi Moonlight7.

No offense, but there were some pretty blatant stereotypes in your last response.

For starters, not all men are "very visual creatures".

All unregenerate men?

Sure, I'll give you that, but certainly not any men who are genuinely Christians.

Also, I've personally met at least hundreds, if not thousands, of women in my lifetime who couldn't have cared less about what was in a man's heart.

Instead, they were only concerned about his looks and his bank account.

Anyhow, it's best not to talk in stereo-typical terms, but to deal with each person individually instead.

From my own observations in life, there are both good and bad men, and both good and bad women.

What makes them either good or bad isn't their looks, but rather the true condition of their hearts.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2021 08:07 AM

I stand corrected Most men are Visual.

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2021 08:13 AM

Moonlight7:

YAY!!!

You get a gold star...the first one that I've ever given out...lol.

Speaking of visual, I'm actually blind in one eye, so it's not easy for me to tell what women even look like.

God's grace is sufficient.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Feb, 2021 03:17 PM

I get attention from younger women all the time in real life and that's without them knowing any details of my life.

I'm not into ones that are half my age but if they are fit it's a feather in the cap none the less.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Feb, 2021 11:37 AM

Actually Moonlight7 emotions often times do nothing more then cloud reality. Men are not exempt from emotions and can also suffer from clouded judgement, only to a lesser degree.

As women mature hormones play a larger part and it's not always for the better.

There are far to many 40 plus women who let their emotions and our modern blame their unhappiness on men society cloud their judgement and they divorced their husbands.

Emotions have there place but seeing into anyone's heart is not one of them.

What a person say's and does reveals the most about one's heart.

I agree that most men are more visual but women are also visual. How much depends on the individual.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Feb, 2021 04:05 PM

Actually Moonlight7 emotions often times do nothing more then cloud reality. Men are not exempt from emotions and can also suffer from clouded judgement, only to a lesser degree.

As women mature hormones play a larger part and it's not always for the better.

There are far to many 40 plus women who let their emotions and our modern blame their unhappiness on men society cloud their judgement and they divorced their husbands.

Emotions have there place but seeing into anyone's heart is not one of them.

What a person say's and does reveals the most about one's heart.

I agree that most men are more visual but women are also visual. How much depends on the individual.

Page : 1 2 3