Author Thread: Do all active healthy women overlook active healthy men if they are narrow framed and not ripped?
Admin

Do all active healthy women overlook active healthy men if they are narrow framed and not ripped?
Posted : 30 Jan, 2021 01:16 PM

Feeling frustrated.

I'm going to be frank here, I feel like women (not girls) hold men to physical dating standards that I cannot meet without making unreasonable sacrifices:

I want to date a women who, seeks God as best they can, has goals, is not overweight (by medical standards, not social standards) and enjoys being active.

What I feel most active and healthy women want:

A man who, seeks God as best they can, has goals, has a wide frame, or is stocky, or has big muscles relative to his frame, but goodness they must not have a narrow frame and be a touch under 6 foot.

Please prove me wrong that there are active women out there who like small framed guys, becuase I don't want to quit, downhill/endurance Biking, Guitaring, and some Career ambitions, to spend 5 hours a week in the gym (it does take this much time for me) to get ripped so I can date a woman with an equally active lifestyle. It feels like a compromise I should not have to make, because my standards are very reasonable and practical.

Both of us would have to quit stuff if we started a family, but it's the lifestyle choices that matter, those are based on finding somone compatible to "team up with."

Passionfruit720

View Profile
History
Do all active healthy women overlook active healthy men if they are narrow framed and not ripped?
Posted : 30 Jan, 2021 07:21 PM

No one is perfect and perfection is not expected. If a woman wants a ripped guy, it means she's equally sexy. Perhaps you wanted someone in that category so you got frustrated.

It's not advisable for you to change into someone you're not if you're not happy with it. A rejection means one less person to consider and she's not the one for you. You'll find your perfect match in time.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2021 06:51 AM

Woman have preferences just like Men do.

I like medium height and built Men . Not ripped.

I think many men have unrealistic expectations for women on many dating sites.

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2021 07:09 AM

Hey, Jac88.

I know that your question was for the ladies, but here's what God's Word has to say on the matter:

"But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. For bodily exercise profits little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation." (I Timothy 4:7-9)

There's a pretty common warning in this world in relation to how we shouldn't major on the minors and minor on the majors.

From God's vantage point, which is the only vantage point that should matter to those who profess to be Christians, our emphasis should be on exercising ourselves unto godliness, and not on bodily exercise.

As I just mentioned on another thread, there was nothing about Jesus' outward appearance that would draw anyone unto him (Isaiah 53:2).

Instead, what draws people unto him is the fact that he laid his life down for us.

If you're a Christian man who is seeking a godly wife, then your emphasis should be on becoming the type of husband who would lay his life down for his wife in the same manner that Christ laid his life down for the church (Ephesians 5:25-31).

Focus on that, and let God bring the right woman to you.

Just my two cents worth...

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2021 09:05 AM

No want to find somone that is healthy and is not addicted to comfort such that they would mind taking a walk or cycling in the UK winter, so an outdoorsey adventurous type like me. I don't mind muscles though

Also someone who works hard (they don't have to work as hard as me, which is a bit much at times).

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2021 09:11 AM

That reply was to passionfruit.

It's because I want to be able to find some activities that we would both enjoy. A quote from a married friend of mine:

"Something I've learned about life, is that you really have to fight for quality time with your wife"

Passionfruit720

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2021 04:30 PM

Profiles and pictures do not always show the type of person a man or woman is. So that's why you need to get to know the person first before you can gauge if you're compatible or not.

True, looks matter especially online because there are many people to choose from and it could be a daunting task to filter everyone. But after that initial filter, some dig deeper to find out more about the person. Some because not everyone is looking for that one special partner. Others are just looking for cheap thrills or someone to talk with. That's when one reads the profile which doesn't always show the type of person the poster is. So a conversation is needed to get to know a person.

Women have different standards for men. It's not always the looks that matters at the end of the day. Physical attraction plays a major role at the beginning of a relationship. Afterwards, comes the traits that could make or break a relationship. That's the most important thing to determine you're compatible or not. Then of course, if the relationship is worth fighting for, then the couple will have to work on keeping the relationship.

I'll let you in on one little secret to win a woman although it's a no brainer. Look presentable. You may not be ripped nor insanely handsome but the way you present yourself gives a huge impression. Maybe by just being neat or the way you carry yourself in your clothes makes one attractive. If you exude confidence, then that's a girl magnet. As a bonus, have a sense of humor. If you can make her laugh, that's a sure win. It dispels any awkwardness and makes you both open up. But that's just for starters. It's the character that really matters.

Good luck.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2021 06:00 PM

I mean, different strokes for different folks. Everyone has their own preferences. It can get annoying when you run into all the people you like, yet don't reciprocate, but if anything, it helps to narrow your search (AKA now uou know who NOT to look for).

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2021 06:00 PM

I mean, different strokes for different folks. Everyone has their own preferences. It can get annoying when you run into all the people you like, yet don't reciprocate, but if anything, it helps to narrow your search (AKA now you know who NOT to look for).

mynamesjo

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Feb, 2021 05:14 AM

Maybe some, but definitely not all.

Like what was already mentioned, we all have different preferences though we are Christians. Maybe God created us that way, not for everyone to like the exact same 'type'? Even when it comes to personalities, what seems to be annoying to others may be endearing to some :)

I understand it can be frustrating if the kind of person you like doesn't like back. I hope you'll find the desire of your heart with His guidance.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Feb, 2021 04:02 PM

Train for yourself, to be truly ripped I need to train 12 to 14 hours a week which I was doing a couple of years ago before a fight. I only weighed 145lbs at fight weight but I looked like I could be in the UFC.

At the moment I have a torn rotator cuff so can't do any weights and have been lax on the cycling and running over winter. I weigh 140lbs and am carrying fat, I'll bounce back so not bothered. You can't be on top all the time.

I don't care if a woman is a bit overweight as long as she is healthy and doesn't sabotage my diet when I am pursuing any training goals. I think active women like all sorts of men I've dated a cyclist who was far better over distance on a bike than me. She had no interest in the gym where I was bulking up and lifting heavy at the time.

Page : 1 2