Author Thread: Do all active healthy women overlook active healthy men if they are narrow framed and not ripped?
Admin

Do all active healthy women overlook active healthy men if they are narrow framed and not ripped?
Posted : 30 Jan, 2021 01:16 PM

Feeling frustrated.

I'm going to be frank here, I feel like women (not girls) hold men to physical dating standards that I cannot meet without making unreasonable sacrifices:

I want to date a women who, seeks God as best they can, has goals, is not overweight (by medical standards, not social standards) and enjoys being active.

What I feel most active and healthy women want:

A man who, seeks God as best they can, has goals, has a wide frame, or is stocky, or has big muscles relative to his frame, but goodness they must not have a narrow frame and be a touch under 6 foot.

Please prove me wrong that there are active women out there who like small framed guys, becuase I don't want to quit, downhill/endurance Biking, Guitaring, and some Career ambitions, to spend 5 hours a week in the gym (it does take this much time for me) to get ripped so I can date a woman with an equally active lifestyle. It feels like a compromise I should not have to make, because my standards are very reasonable and practical.

Both of us would have to quit stuff if we started a family, but it's the lifestyle choices that matter, those are based on finding somone compatible to "team up with."

slightlybrokenwing72

View Profile
History
Do all active healthy women overlook active healthy men if they are narrow framed and not ripped?
Posted : 17 Mar, 2021 09:43 AM

"What I feel most active and healthy women want:

A man who, seeks God as best they can, has goals, has a wide frame, or is stocky, or has big muscles relative to his frame, but goodness they must not have a narrow frame and be a touch under 6 foot."

Hmm... check on one and two... wondering who is telling you the other feedbacks? :)

Ofc dif. women want dif. things, so no doubt for various reasons some women might like guys who are huge and look like Fabio (before the accident with the goose :) ). Other women specifically avoid men who are 'too tall' or too stocky, or too muscular. Or they date men who are physically huge gym rats but don't actually have romantic interests in them.

I agree that what is most important is shared interests and being able to enjoy them. For this reason, I do perhaps more criteria than is sensible for a woman my age (ugh). If this means that I remain single, so be it. Better to be able to enjoy an active life than to be with someone who doesn't have the interest or energy to do what I like. If a guy can bench press 300 pounds, but can't enjoy very long walks, biking trips, hikes, etc... well, what's the point, really? So for me, too big and too strong is probably a detriment. (Plus I worry the mental effects of the various 'gym rat' supplements out there...).

Now, male egos being what they are, the reason expressed for not being interested in someone or stopping dating or breaking up... well, one can be forgiven for giving a simple, (not quite true) and immutable excuse-reason.

So, better to say 'i like my guys taller' (which one can't change... leading to no response from the man) than 'the way your arm twitches when you seem upset scares the poo out of me' which is both malleable, as well as creates risk of offending :).

but nah, for lots of women being under 6 foot and not looking like Schwarzenegger is of no real concern and is probably a plus for most. maybe the young women in your area think differently because of cultural reasons (whatever movie-film-internet stars look like)... but for me... yeah, not looking for the next Finnish MMA star :) (half teasing one of the other posters :) ).

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2021 05:05 AM

I am a guy, but I definitely agree with you, I am not that active though outside of work, me being an introvert with not many friends makes it difficult for me to be more active, even though I would like to be.

I am kind of small build, narrow framed too.

And while I may get some messages and winks from overseas, I barely get anything in my own country, I guess most girls in Aus are after those ripped kinda guys you are talking about, also I guess I have the racial barrier, being part Asian probably makes dating in my country so much more trickier.

So I feel your frustrations.....

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2022 04:26 PM

Culture, media and social media have created false realities and if that is the standard people get drawn into, and choose to live by, then they will never be truly happy... good luck and God bless you in the effort...🌾

Page : 1 2