Author Thread: Dating older men...
Shunammite

View Profile
History
Dating older men...
Posted : 5 Aug, 2009 02:34 PM

So, I just got back from a cruise with my daughter and I saw a really cute "Kodak moment" that I can easily envision myself within.

A lady (about my age - 34) married to an older man (about 47) holding hands and engrossed in deep conversation.

Now, I have always wanted a man older than me and never was part of the dating younger men revolution. Maybe because I feel a man should be the "Tender warrior" and a shoulder to lean on, and wisdom comes with age, plus I connect so much with my dad and other fatherly figures (uncles, mentors, et al), etc... but ladies, what are your thoughts/experiences on this?

Is there something that I should know about dating older men? Are there surprises?

My perfect age group would be 44-47 but is that too old for me? Pls share your honest opinion. you can also email me if you dont feel comfortable spilling here.

Men - you as well, what have you found to be good or bad about dating younger women?

PS: I am NOT a gold digger. I have been thoroughly blessed with some gold of my own, but at the same time, would prefer someone richer or at least equal just because I dont want to play "cow to be milked" - BTDT. OF course all this is 'my' desires - subject to "HIS" plan for my life (Jeremiah 29: 11)

View Profile
History
Dating older men...
Posted : 9 Aug, 2009 06:44 PM

I think women have been brainwashed into thinking that older men are necessarily better. Being a spectator throughout my life, I have come to the conclusion that both sexes are the same in regards to maturity. They don't realize when they automatically rule out younger men it's abandoning a good population that could have the man God wants for them. People need to ask themselves, "Am I trusting myself, or in Christ?"

The problem is that people are looking to the statistics society has to offer instead of putting faith in Christ. I would say that most young people in general are slow to grow up mentally, NOT just men. In Biblical times men were more mature, actually more so than the woman, mostly because they HAD to be.

I don't discriminate whether someone is younger or older, although we all have our preferences. I just encourage people to be open minded, because when I look into the darkest secrets of my own heart, I know how sinful I really am. I deserve Hell, so I am in no position to make demands.

Just don't fall into the trap that society propagates, when they spew out "facts" that supposedly apply to every human being. Really, it's why I become cynical sometimes, and makes me trust in Christ even more.

View Profile
History
Dating older men...
Posted : 31 Oct, 2010 07:01 AM

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

View Profile
History
Dating older men...
Posted : 31 Oct, 2010 07:01 AM

x

Page : 1 2 3