Author Thread: # of courters
Admin

# of courters
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 07:37 PM

Only for the ladies, please.

How many men is too many to be having on-line dating (emailing, talking on phone) with at the same time?

:applause:

View Profile
History
# of courters
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 07:56 PM

Dear Golden,

I think this is a matter between you and the Holy Spirit as He leads you. It's a matter for prayer.

Utimately there will come a point where you will have to make some decisions about who to continue on with so I come back to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

I don't think there is a specific number except as it relates to how you are led and what you can handle practically. My 2 cents.

Jodie

View Profile
History
# of courters
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 10:24 PM

i'd like to talk to one person, if we're going in the direction of more than friends. but if he and i are friends who are getting to know each other, i will be honest with him in saying that i am also getting to know another person. both will know the truth at all times. but to answer your question, i will limit myself to two. although, i prefer to give my divine attention to that special someone.

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

View Profile
History
# of courters
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 03:57 AM

OH live it up:dancingp:, there is no rule saying how many you are allowed to talk to. I'm sure all of them are not going to bear the title "the one" so enjoy their friendship. When you find that special one you will automaticially want to focus all if not most of your attention on him.

After all, that is how you find him.:winksmile:

~Lisa

Phoebe2

View Profile
History
# of courters
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 05:54 AM

Can't put a specific number, I talk to too many guys. But if my instinct tells me there is a possibility for more than a friendship, or he might be " the one" & the Holy Spirit confirmed, then I'd talk only to him.

Phoebe. :glow:

sunshine7770

View Profile
History
# of courters
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 08:42 AM

I agree that the total friends you have or desire depends upon what you want and as a Christian, since the HS dwells within, He will definately reveal which one you ought to narrow down to.

for myself personally, I prefer not to have more than two because having too many may create a lot of confusion and I know God is not the author or confusiion. I do spend time praying for God's leading whenever I find I am beginning to like somebody seriously

Have a blessed day.

tristan07

View Profile
History
# of courters
Posted : 17 Aug, 2009 01:50 PM

I thought I would let this play out and see how it goes.

From a guys perspective, If you are indicating you are serious about ME, I'd rather you not have one in the wings as a back up plan. I'm always all in, or all out. If i get serious with someone, boom, I don't talk to anyone else.

but in the intitial stages, this is like ... well we are like kids in a candy store! which one do i want which one do i want???

and theres some time where you are getting to know different people, kinda like how you talk to the cute guy at the counter at the photo shop, and you talk to the cute guy at the gas station, and hope they are there when you fill up, (not that I talk to cute guys, flip that around for males) but once you commit your heart to pursue ONE person, all the other ones should dissapear.

otherwise, your heart isnt all the way in, and you are just playing in the minor leauges. and ODDLY ENOUGH, the other person can sense it. be all in, or all out. cause God can see your heart and this is HIS game, not ours. He wants us with the right person, at the right time.

View Profile
History
# of courters
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 07:45 PM

Yeah, I gotta agree w/Alex. I guess I'm just really loyal, I'm interested in marrying well, and I would not want to do something to anyone else - that I wouldn't want them to do to me.

It is difficult, when you're on a dating site - to only talk to one person, I guess. Not for me though...I haven't really gotten that far yet :ROFL: - but...maybe you know what I mean?

I think Zoe had some really good insight here though...if you're being honest with the ppl you're talking to & they're cool w/it & so on and so on, as long as it's just talking as friends & you're not leading either of the two on...then you're probably ok. Since we're in our little cyber dating starbucks here, sometimes it's hard to remember that everyone's an important person on here, made in God's image.

-Sarah

View Profile
History
# of courters
Posted : 19 Aug, 2009 05:37 AM

thank you sarah. i treat others like i want to be treated. i'm going to be honest with him/them at all times.

God Bless,

Zoe :angel::angel: