Author Thread: Salt and pepper? Or...salt and salt?
DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Salt and pepper? Or...salt and salt?
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 11:41 PM

Just kinda want to know what you ladies look for. Do you look for someone with the same basic personality? The same interests? Does a person like you attract you? Or could it be anyone? Maybe just someone that keeps you off balance? Maybe this question is too complicated?:laugh: I guess the simple version would be...um...yeah, this is hard to simplify...I give up.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 04:40 AM

Mark..

well for me I do not tend to spend time with people who are not at least in part like myself. I do think opposites attract but beyond attraction what do you have? If you can not carry on a conversation or have some interest simaliar what do you build on? Attraction and lust are not enough. The excitment of that different person will wer off if you cant stand together some of the time..

GBU

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 04:43 AM

DHTM, There are a few key things that I look for us to have similarities in such as our relationship with Christ, openess, intelligence, energy levels, and sense of humor.

Having some intrests in common is a good thing I think. But I am open to learning and experiencing new things so if he has different interests that is great.

Utimately I would like him to have strengths where I am weaker and visa versa. I like someone who will challenge me to come up higher in my walk with Christ as I would do for him.

It is a complex question :-)

Jodie

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 06:18 AM

i try to look for someone who is real, down to earth, who shares my beliefs and interests, who isn't afraid to express himself and not worry if he's still considered to be manly, who has balance in his life...basically our lives, our personalities, our strengths, our weaknesses compliment each other.

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 10:05 AM

I find that it's more important to have similar personality traits than similar interests, or at least that's what I think. The two personalities should bring out the best in the other. Having similar interests is a good thing, but is more important for a good friendship. One's personality and ways of handling things is much more important. For instance, it would be awesome to be into the same videogames and be able to go head-to-head with each other, but how awesome would it be if the woman was winning and he sent a controller through a screen? I would rather try something different that he is into while we enjoy each other's company, not necessarily the activity we are centered around.

Shunammite

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 05:28 PM

they say opposites attract but i dont know :)

I assume your reference is wrt personality. For me, its salt and salt with a dash of pepper!

Actually, I am big on Myers Brigg's typology and for my type, salt and salt is widely known to work out great and recommended as the right match: http://www.articlesbase.com/relationships-articles/do-opposites-attract-compatibility-and-your-myers-briggs-personality-type-263482.html

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 07:31 PM

Well, salt and pepper are the complete opposite, yet they are the perfect match.

I remember hearing someone say, "If we were all the same, the world would be a boring place."

So, I'll go with a mix of salt & pepper.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 12:12 PM

dear folks, shoot give me the spice rack..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Aug, 2009 11:06 AM

I second ole cattle. ^_^

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Aug, 2009 05:17 PM

dear sily, smilers...

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Aug, 2009 01:22 PM

I know post Is a lil bit older but I felt the urge to reaply! lol

I believe that opposites are waaaay better! I would hate the thought of being with somebody who Is just like me! I think the differences In ones personality Is a plus . Like for Instance.

say one is outgoing and the other Is layed back..this can be a good thing because the outgoing one will help the other to get out more and experiance new things in life, while the layed back one can possible help the other one to Chill out a little and just relax! lol

Say one Is alot more reserved and closed off when it comes to what they are thinking or feeling while the other Is not. well the one who Is not..can help the more reserved one to open up a lil more, while the more reserved one can help the outspoken one to understand that some things are better left unsaid! lol

I could go on and on with these little examples but I'm sure you get my point so I will stop with all the rambling! lol

Dont get me wrong I do feel as though a couple who Is contemplating marriage should have the same morals and certain outlooks and goals life but at the same but you dont want to be so much alike that you just completely bore eachother! (been there done that! lol)

SALT & PEPPER IT IS! :rocknroll: