Author Thread: Random IM?
pattarom2009

View Profile
History
Random IM?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 06:03 PM

God bless your hearts for taking the initiative and sending an IM out. I'm falling into a pattern where I'll get an IM and I'll respond, but it feels like I'm responsible for playing 20 questions. It hardly feels like a conversation is going on. My question is: What would possess a woman to send an IM if she isn't going to talk?

Thank you :glow:

View Profile
History
Random IM?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 06:06 PM

dear patta, welcome to the forums.. oh and i have no idea..

ole cattle

pattarom2009

View Profile
History
Random IM?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 06:08 PM

Thank you sir!

tristan07

View Profile
History
Random IM?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 07:11 PM

The internet is strange, this website is strange at times, women, and men, are strange, people are wacked... you name it. chalk it up to one of life's great mysteries??? :nahnah:

View Profile
History
Random IM?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 07:16 PM

perhaps she wants to have a normal conversation, but the guy is asking a lot of questions she may not feel ready to answer yet. instead of interviewing her, just relax and ask her how her week was, stuff like that. as you continue to talk on an ongoing basis, you will gain her confidence and slowly but surely she'll reveal more of her. i hope this helps.

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

View Profile
History
Random IM?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 07:18 PM

I dont send IMs as I can never get them to work correctly and I am shy so I just would not send one to a stranger.. BUt my guess is they want you to know they are interested but they are shy..

GBU

pattarom2009

View Profile
History
Random IM?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 07:50 PM

Lol. Yea, it's certainly right up there with missing socks in the dryer.

pattarom2009

View Profile
History
Random IM?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 08:00 PM

Thanks SingleRose. I get what you're saying. However, If I don't ask questions the response is often silence. It starts with a mutual "hi" and then I fill in the dead air with a softball question that gets a very short answer with no reciprocation. Suddenly there's dead air again. Maybe this is just normal?

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Random IM?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 09:02 PM

That is exactly the reason I have the IM turned off for this site. I used it one time (I did not initiate it) and I was asking asking all the questions and trying to keep a conversation going. It was super akward and going nowhere. Otherwise, it just pops up & you have no control over it and if you even want to have a conversation at that moment, with that person, etc. I just avoid it all together on this site by turning it off.

pattarom2009

View Profile
History
Random IM?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 09:24 PM

Thanks Angel. It's an eye-opener to see the same thing happening on the other side of the fence. I guess it is what it is then. Thanks for the responses all!

View Profile
History
Random IM?
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 06:47 AM

no it is not normal for dead air again. :goofball:

so, my guess again would be that there was something about you she liked and without thinking (impulsive behavior) she initiated contact. not being prepared for this, she is silent at the other end. not fair on you at all. so i suggest you nicely and respectfully say goodbye to her and good hunting!!

God Bless,

Zoe :angel: (my guardian angel)

Page : 1 2