Author Thread: Going In Over Your Head
riodragon

View Profile
History
Going In Over Your Head
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 06:41 PM

I was a Junior in High School when my friend got me together with my first, and so far, only girlfriend. We got along very well, we were into a lot of the same things. After dating for a few months, she started trying to get rather serious, though... I kept that at bay for a while and she told me that she had 'made-out' with another of my friends.

I forgave her, recalling the story of Hosea in my head. We continued with our relationship rather peacefully after that. We attended the Junior Prom and had a fun time, but a couple nights later, she said that she wanted us to have a baby together. Knowing the relationship was getting to be unhealthy for the both of us, I broke up with her after 8 months of dating.

To this day, I still don't blame her. I know it's hard to keep a healthy pace in a relationship. So I keep the memories fresh in my mind, and hope I can make sure events won't repeat themselves in the future.

tristan07

View Profile
History
Going In Over Your Head
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 07:09 PM

You have a long road ahead of you, bro. You'll see alot stranger things then all that. You did well, though, to hold back like you did. It's always easier to make a mistake then a good decision.

ciao,

alex

View Profile
History
Going In Over Your Head
Posted : 17 Aug, 2009 02:17 PM

dear rio, welcome to the forums.. sounds like you still like her.. im hopin she wanted to be married to ya to have that baby .... do you wanna take it further with her now? as in matrimony?

ole cattle

riodragon

View Profile
History
Going In Over Your Head
Posted : 17 Aug, 2009 08:17 PM

Marriage is my eventual goal in dating. I still like her, if that's what you're asking. I've got a big heart, so I can't stop loving anyone. I don't think God would want that, anyway. I've moved on, just like with all the other 'could-be' relationships. But I care deeply for every one of them.

View Profile
History
Going In Over Your Head
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 02:36 PM

dear rio, i hear ya..

ole cattle

ian777

View Profile
History
Going In Over Your Head
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 05:44 PM

Well thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forums Rio,