Author Thread: Does Age Matter???
Skaterdad

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 10:27 PM

Hello ladies, Well I need some input on what currently has me baffled. I have had a profile on as many as 4 Christian sites and have received exactly 1 email contact over a three month period. Now I realize I am not a young guy but am i to old to expect someone may still find interest in me? If not my age, what else may be causing a lack of interest in at least casual conversation??? Any suggestions?

-Rick

tristan07

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 10:57 PM

Tough it out brother, the right one will come.

things that come easy are never the right things.

Got to work for what's right in this life.

Skaterdad

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 11:27 PM

I should have a little patience i guess??? LOL

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 11:27 PM

hey

do yourself a favor and read the prior 'ask a girl' forums. you will get a realistic idea on how to approach them properly plus much wisdom.

from what i've read, you need more pics including no hat, and you are much better off putting any age than 25-45 which may offend.

i am very optimistic about life (God is sovereign). but that caused me to make some big errors when initiating contact. overtime, i learned not to assume too much about a Lady, and to not be too enthusiastic especially with the amount of questions (i used to be a social worker so i needed to break that habit and take things A LOT SLOWER).

i also learned that there are many fine Christian Ladies here, so just relax and see where the Lord leads.

but be sure to read and write on the forums.

tristan07

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 11:31 PM

Bro, yeh you need patience. Just be real with the gals on here, that's what they all want, a real man, the real deal.

There's great people on here, and alot of love. Stick with it and give it time, you can't build anything great over night.

You'll be fine. and seriously, pray alot about this, don't just dabble, or walk blind, pray. God will earnestly reward those who seek him.

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 21 Aug, 2009 01:25 PM

dear skater, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

Skaterdad

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 21 Aug, 2009 03:31 PM

Thanks Ole'

Hey um guys.....Do you all see a pattern here???

I cant help but notice they're no responses from women. it's enough to give a man a complex! :goofball:

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 21 Aug, 2009 05:31 PM

Hi Skaterdad,

I would love to hear the women's opinion on this subject. What they would consider to be too many years older or younger.

Biblically, since we are surrounded by the world, choosing a marriage partner should have more to do with God's preparation of someone than anything else.

There are millions of men and women out there. But if the road is narrow and rocky, and only a few find it, then that is giving us an accurate description of how many people are actually capable of walking the walk when it comes to marriage.

That was the entire point of circumcision. That God's people were not to marry outside of those HE had prepared.

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 21 Aug, 2009 05:54 PM

only share because no gals, yet..

Your profile looks good. My only suggestion is more photos, one with kids cause you say they are #1 with you (we like that), doing an activity, dressed up. Your photo is not an excellent photo because the sun is in your eyes. Otherwise, you look attractive, your words in profile are good because you share your tenderness (we like that too), your desired qualities in a woman are not "everything"... so you haven't set the bar too high. Your age range is open, so that's not a factor.

Personally, three months is a long time with four web sites. Am assuming you have submitted interest to women... from some forums, women like an email compared to a wink (either is fine for me). When you submit interest, ask or comment about something in their profile you like, then we know you read it and its not all about the picture. When you do a search what age are YOU looking for? Younger women are usually looking for younger men, although will go for a bit older.

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 21 Aug, 2009 05:58 PM

opps, answer age question: prefer nine years younger to five years older .

Skaterdad

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 21 Aug, 2009 06:29 PM

Well for whatever reason you shared, it is greatly appreciated:applause:

You know about those pictures...I have thousands of my children and their mother but very few that include me. See I had to take the pictures or they likely wouldn't have been taken at all. I can and will add pictures of my children as I have many and do my best to take and add more flattering pictures of myself. lol

Again, thank you so much for your help Goldenstarfish. I will apply all your advice and see where it takes me.

Page : 1 2 3