Author Thread: Does Age Matter???
Skaterdad

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 10:27 PM

Hello ladies, Well I need some input on what currently has me baffled. I have had a profile on as many as 4 Christian sites and have received exactly 1 email contact over a three month period. Now I realize I am not a young guy but am i to old to expect someone may still find interest in me? If not my age, what else may be causing a lack of interest in at least casual conversation??? Any suggestions?

-Rick

holmeschick

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 22 Aug, 2009 01:03 PM

I just came across this thread and thought I would throw my 2 cents in for what it's worth:goofball: Your profile looks very good, I'm glad to see you have now added pictures of your kids. Just remember, it only takes that one special lady to capture your heart. Just remember, not everyone is looking for a ready-made family, so it may take some time. God is preparing that special woman for you, one who your kids need as well. I don't think age really has anything to do with it. If a lady is led by the Lord (which I'm sure is what you are looking for), then age will not matter. Just remember God's timing is perfect.

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 22 Aug, 2009 01:03 PM

I agree with goldenstarfish and tristan07 about your photos and having confidence in God's plan for you. I know I am quite young anyway, so I don't know how relevant my opinion is, but I'm giving it to you anyway!

I try to adhere to the idea that "age is just a number". However, I am wary of MUCH older men that pay me attention because there are men with predatory attitudes out there looking for a young thing to validate themselves. What I think is more daunting than age difference is whether a man has been married before or not. Did she divorce him, or did he divorce her? What went wrong? Is he just not good at keeping a commitment? I'm not suggesting that, but it is a worry in the back of the mind. If a woman has not been married before and you have, she might feel a little jealous even! With very young men that are already divorced, I worry about their judgment.

I would say that you look like an outstanding guy, but your representation of yourself in photo might be discouraging, and the ages of your children intimidating to a younger woman. But these things are shallow opinions, so it really comes down to faith.

You are in no way an old man, and I certainly hope you don't feel like one!

holmeschick

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 22 Aug, 2009 01:06 PM

siylii also makes some good points. For me, being 32, never married and no kids, I personally look for a guy with no kids and never married as well. My personal preference for an age range is 5 years younger to 4 years older.

Skaterdad

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 22 Aug, 2009 04:02 PM

Thank you Siylii and Holmeschick for your honesty and opinions as you both confirmed what i felt or at least suspected were my perceived short comings. This is probably not the place for me this stage in my life.

Thank you all for your responses and God bless.

Shunammite

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 22 Aug, 2009 06:19 PM

skaterdad, I agree with the earlier posts but one thing I also observed is that you stated you have only "received" 1 email contact. Do you mean only 1 response or only 1 person has initiated a contact? Are you taking the lead in contacting ladies too? That wasnt very clear to me.

I personally appreciate men that initiate contact - give them (at least) 75% more attention than those with whom I initiate the contact. Another thing - if a guy initiates contact in a way that indicates he has 'digested' my profile and my forum posts, that's a huge headstart for him right there!

As far as age, there are girls out there, like me, who actually value older men - age is wisdom, love to be spoilt, etc...

So, man, yes be patient and do your own part as well of contacting the ones that you like.

PS: welcome aboard!

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 22 Aug, 2009 06:40 PM

skater

welcome.. Ok I read all the replies this far and your profile. I don't think its your age.. and this could just be me so don't take thsi wrong but your profile to me seems a bit intense on the romace and togetherness and less about your faith. Great about your children we all should feel that way .. I guess when I read your profile I wondered what kind of relationship you are seeking. For lack of a better word and im sorry but my mind is not that great currently but anyway to me you seem to want a very worldly relationship. I dont know about other ladies here but I think all the things you talked about are great for MARRIED coup;les but what about dating? maybe not so much..

sorry just my POV and not sure other agree..

good luck and God Bless

Bethany

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 24 Aug, 2009 01:10 PM

We must always try to remember everything from the LORD is in his time.....and that time is perfect!!!!!

GOD BLESS you brother

Mike

NICE_GUY1952

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 24 Aug, 2009 10:23 PM

I think as you get older its seems like its harder to find someone that wants a relationship.

irene23

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 11 Sep, 2009 07:06 AM

Age doesnt matter at all for me most matter is the feeling of the person it was love should be the first thing that must be in there...(sigh)if there is love no one can stop ( you) to love the person even is older/younger than u the person is....

View Profile
History
Does Age Matter???
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 05:55 AM

The only biblical reference was Abraham who was 10 yrs. older than Sarah. But it does not hint that it was any kind of set rule for us to follow. At my age, 10 yrs. younger would still bring a woman entering menopause (read no sex desire)and past child bearing age.

So, If you want children you may need a wife 25 yrs. younger.

If you want companionship in old age find someone slightly older since women tend to live longer than men.

Page : 1 2 3