Author Thread: Be Cool(er)
Admin

Be Cool(er)
Posted : 24 Aug, 2009 12:22 PM

Always a fun topic for discussion, so here's the question: just basically what does cool mean to you, and what are the qualities in a guy that you find impressive and cool? And the flipside being all the things cool is not. Look forward to your answers. :MrT:

tristan07

View Profile
History
Be Cool(er)
Posted : 25 Aug, 2009 03:41 PM

I'm cool, :nahnah:

View Profile
History
Be Cool(er)
Posted : 25 Aug, 2009 10:49 PM

LOL cool is for kids and young people.. not someone my age.. we should be hmm not sure..LOL

GBU

View Profile
History
Be Cool(er)
Posted : 25 Aug, 2009 11:32 PM

Being 'cool' is ageless.

Being 'cool' is putting other's considerations before your own - with boldness. The more bold you are in that, the 'cooler' you are. That is why they are so well liked.

I have no idea why it is, but I have met more guys than girls that were 'cool'--- but the Ladys were more memorable. A 'cool' Christian Lady is way more valuable than rubies...

View Profile
History
Be Cool(er)
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 04:35 AM

dsterna, ya know, i think you hit the whole thing right square on the head.

one thing worth mentioning that i didn't really have in mind when i posted the question is that cool girls are by leaps and bounds better than cool guys. as you said though, they are, unfortunatly, hard to come by, but when they do you never forget them.

godlymom2

View Profile
History
Be Cool(er)
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 06:14 PM

A cool guy is the kind of guy who can confidently take the stage with his acoustic guitar on open mic night at a cafe/coffeehouse, then turn around and volunteer to sing Jesus Loves the Little Children or Elmo's world to the little kids in the nursery on Sunday morning. :)LOL (Just an example; he doesn't have to musical to be cool. I just LOVE music.)

So cool girls are hard to come by. I'm curious, then. So what do you think makes a girl cool?

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Be Cool(er)
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 07:01 PM

Girls are awesome!!:rocknroll:

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Be Cool(er)
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 07:37 PM

the thing that first strikes me is how there aren't the same reservations that arise when i talk to other girls. it's like it's a look they give you, then they'll say something to you about you, after that you can be yourself around them and not have to worry if they'll lie to you or walk away from you and if they do it's not like you're whole world would cave in or anything. and how you can seamlessly and endlessly go from hot to cold and everything in between when with them. for me the jury is still out on whether this comes through online. i've had some great im conversations that were seamless and endless, but the lack of regularity of being together, being able to pick up on what they're face does is a big part of it too. it's almost like you can see a spark when you look at them whenever they're around. there also doesn't have to necessarily be a romantic connection, there was one where i sort of had a crush on her, but we would always argue, but there was still all the things i talked about above even though it was seamlessly going from hating to not hating (yes it was as funny then as it is now). like i said, you don't really forget that.

View Profile
History
Be Cool(er)
Posted : 27 Aug, 2009 02:19 PM

Greetings remp25... This was a cute topic, and one that goes "way back in the day, yet still exist" (smile)... Fun discussion indeed... A cool guy to me, is one who represents himself as a gentleman and isn't ashame to testify & give his props to God; by living his life so that God can be seen in & through him (for he leads by example and not one of a follower of the enemy)... NOW THAT'S COOL!

However, the flip side to him being uncool to me; is if he were to forget where God has brought him from, and him not giving honor and praises to God for all of his BLESSINGS... FOR THAT'S UN-COOL & UNWISE! Because just as God has given, He can take it away "in a twinkling of an eye" (an the same old faces that you meet on the way going up, "you meet on the way going back down")... "It's hard to stumble, when you appease and are constantly on your knees":yay:

Sincerely, AnotherChance2

tristan07

View Profile
History
Be Cool(er)
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 12:55 PM

yeh remp, I don't like the online thing. In conversations I rely alot on blody language, eyes, responding to the other person, etc etc. On the phone its a bit better, but it's still a bit detached.

I have met a couple gals in person now, who I have met online over the last year or so, and it makes a HUGE difference, everything is different in 3d. I am always told I look better in person then my photos, and yada yada, and man this one gal I met, holy wowsa, she looked great in her pictures, but they musta been like 15 years old because.. whew... that was not the person in the photo.

anyway, here... how do I say this, just take your mind out of it... man what do I mean... theres no biblbe verses about being cool... hmm... be yourself, be confident, trust that God's will and timing is greater then your ability, or lack there of, to make a relationship start/work/last, etc.

I'd tell ya to just be me, but I don't think the world is ready for two of us... lol j/k seriously, just ... be cool man?

View Profile
History
Be Cool(er)
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 04:36 PM

tristan:

i hear ya man. it's weird how a lot of people (and when i say alot of people i mean everybody) on here don't seem to get the difference between online/real life, and just seem content with meeting without really meeting. the other day i was wondering if there are people on here that will just meet, fall in love, and get married soley online and never meet so long as they both shall live. kinda humorous. but if you say 'hey maybe we could meet some time', they say 'whoa let's take it slow' to which i say/think 'is that even possible?' it's hardwired into us to want a human connection, but with the internet you just get a connection minus the human.

as far as a Bible verse goes i think if i could manage to get 'fear not' down then i'd be just about as cool as i could/should be.

stay cool, brah. lol.

Page : 1 2