Author Thread: The all so new, bouncing back-NOT, someone ate the bread crumbs:(
heiress

View Profile
History
The all so new, bouncing back-NOT, someone ate the bread crumbs:(
Posted : 25 Apr, 2008 07:45 PM

I was in a relationship/engaged-trying to 'do it right' and it didn't work out. i never entertained marriage until that relationship. It's been almost two years and I discovered it became my all and now I trying to regain my ground...or find anew?... :prayingf::prayingm:

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 May, 2008 07:05 PM

Your experience sounds like mine: finally I was ready for marriage again--after 36 years!-- I found Mr.Perfect, and was determined to do it God's way, not mine or the guy's. Well, he ditched me Jan. 1st and not even a phone call thereafter. And I am many years older than you, dearest one. I feel my life and hopes and dreams for the future are over. I had waited a long, long time, and he was so good when he was "that" person, but because I knew the Lord said to keep the marriage bed sacred, to save sex for marriage, I lost the man of my dreams.

Why?

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2008 08:49 AM

My heart breaks for you two! Who can understand the ways of life? Especially when we feel we were seeking the Lord and being obedient! I have no answer, only the firm understnading that apparently, they were not the one! WE think we know, but the ultimate one that does, is GOD! You both have been protected! Although painful, we must realize when we seek the Lord, He will make out paths straight. And it may not be the path WE want!

But I will interject this note, PLEASE, be careful! There are many on here that would woo you with golden tounges, and the just so perfect words. You are vulnerable, and we long to hear such good sweet things that make us feel like we are oh so pretty, smart, Godly, kind, have beautiful hearts, excellent, etc etc. The Lord says that we are to beware when we are told the perfect words. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! Look deep sisters, and take time! Walk softly and wait upon the Lord. Test the spirits. Do not allow your hearts to be enticed into the wrong person. I have been where you are, as so many here. I know the pang of lost love. But, be encouraged, God HEALS hearts! The Lord Bless you and keep you and shower you with discernment. God Bless!

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 May, 2008 12:27 PM

ha redeemedone, you are right about that.

Sometimes its all lip talking. A person might just say anything to get what he/she wants. We all reacted on our hearts desires. Sometimes our hearts can be deceiving to ourselves. God set an eternity in our hearts, so nothing else can satisfy us except one person.

There was a book or saying of a rich person getting everything the heart desires and he still wasn't satisfied. He said, life is just as satisfying as laying out in the sun. Something like that.

Its best to stay single. Our hearts can only take so much. Its a deceitful world.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 May, 2008 01:25 PM

Kidvid711,

You are wise beyond your years! The problem I think mostly is, this is a Christian site, and I think people feel safe! I always have to remember the story where the devil went to church! Jesus knew it was him, but others did not. So, I think it makes it worse for those here because they naturally think everyone here is Christian and walking with the Lord!

When we are hurt and rejected as these women, their hearts are open to sweet words, "religious" words. Some people just know how to use those words and the end of the device is self centered. It's what THEY want, and when they read things like these dear women said,, they know they are an open target! Hence, my warning. Remember, we can "say" anything, but when we really listen, after a while, we see if it is lip service or truth!

Be Blessed in the Lord!

ephesians522

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jun, 2008 03:48 PM

redeemedone , "They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.">Titus1:16 correlates with what you speak about. Sad to know that with the signs in the world today, many have not profess themselves as sinner and accepted Christ as their Savior.

"For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.">Romans 16:18

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2008 04:54 PM

I have to say that I am glad you stuck to you convictions. God helps us do that, I know He is glad to. I recently ended a relationship almost the same way. Although I told this person I was a Christian right from the start he apparently did not understand what that meant. I know that this was not the man for me. God would not bring someone into my life in order for me to have pre-matrial sex with. That would just be absurd. I cared a lot about this person was crying out to God to do somethig before I did decide to give in. The temptation was getting stronger and stronger. I am so glad I can say that with God I have the victory. I am not willing to compromise my heart and soul for a few moments of pleasure. You should not compromise either. When I find myself thinking of how much I miss him I tell myself I still want that but with the ma God intended for me, not him. He was my Ishmael before my Isaac.

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jul, 2008 03:55 PM

You know, it might matter on the location you meet your spouses from. Your job, would possibly be a good place. Well I'm not sure. If someone say their a Christian, isn't that good enough? :bouncy:

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2008 10:30 PM

BLESSED WE ARE TO BE CHRISTIAN. ONE MUST ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT THE FISH ARE NOT CLEANED BEFORE THEY ARE CAUGHT. THE UNGODLY LIFESTYLES ARE A WORK IN PROGRESS. GODLINESS IS A LEARNED LIFESTYLE THAT COMES WITH TRIALS AND TESTS. REMEMBER WWJD, WHAT WOULD JESUS DO, IS ALWAYS A GOOD TEST. IN GENSIS WE SEE THE DARK ANGELS POSSESSING MAN BECAUSE OF LUST. THEREFORE, WE MUST ALWAYS REMEMBER OUR HUMAN NATURE AND OUR MINDS CAN BE OUR WORST ENEMIES.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2008 10:34 PM

I'VE BEEN HANGIN WITH CHRISTIANS ALONG TIME. MANY HAVE NOT ARRIVED AT RIGHTEOUSNESS YET. YOU CAN LOOK AT CHURCH FAMILY AND SEE MUCH UNGODLINESS AND HUMAN CHARACTER, EVEN IN THE LONG TIME CHRISTIAN VETERANS. ONE MUST NEVER LET DOWN THE GUARD TO THE ENEMY THAT COMES ONLY TO ROB, KILL AND DESTROY.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2008 10:42 PM

ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU ARE A CHILD OF THE MOST HIGH GOD. REMEMBER, THERE IS NO PERSON, NO PLACE, NO THING, AND NO CIRCUMSTANCE THAT IS WORTH JEOPARDIZING YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. OUR BODY AND SOUL MUST LINE UP WITH THE SPIRIT OF GOD AND ALL TIMES. HE IS YOUR REFUGE, YOUR STRENGTH, YOUR PROTECTION, YOUR WISDOM AND YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. HE GAVE YOU PROTECTION, AND WISDOM TO BE A RIGHTEOUS WOMAN. A PERSON THAT PUTS HIMSELF AHEAD OF THAT IS NOT THE SOULMATE THAT GOD HAS CHOSEN FOR YOU. IT MAY BE TRAINING GROUND, MENTALLY, PHYSICALLY, EMOTIONALLY OR SPIRITUALLY. GOD LOVES YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH. HE IS YOU "I AM"

Page : 1 2