Author Thread: Need some advise.
Admin

Need some advise.
Posted : 5 Sep, 2009 11:25 PM

Okay, so I know its sad but I've never been on a date. I have never been asked out actually. Anyway. I was wondering if y'all had any advise for me just in case I'm ever asked out.

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Need some advise.
Posted : 5 Sep, 2009 11:37 PM

I don't think you'll have to worry about that. I think your only problem is you're that you're shy and men probably don't know how to approach you. I read your profile - you're a pretty girl, you're well spoken, know what you want, you're positive, in college, in love with God...I don't think you'll have to worry about never getting asked out. I think you'll be one of the few people in this world that meets the love of her life, marries, and is with him until death do you part. No baggage from previous relationships, and old enough to know how to separate your heart from your head. Consider yourself very blessed - God is watching out for you.

Lynn

View Profile
History
Need some advise.
Posted : 9 Sep, 2009 10:36 AM

Hi Cindy! My advise, for what it's worth, is to make a list of what you expect in your ideal guy. Think of your hobbies, and what you are willing to put up with for his hobbies. You know the old "I'm a football fan". Where would you like to be 10 years down the road, 20 years down the road. Once you have a list, think about where this guy would spend his time, away from home. This place, or places, are were you need to be looking for your special guy. It may not happen for a long time, or it may be such a short time that it takes your breath away. The things that you like to do best are what you should have in common with the other person. Otherwise, you end up spending a lot of time on your own. Which doesn't sound like your personality type. LOL!!

Good Luck Cindy and God's Blessings for you each and every day. Shelly

rematche

View Profile
History
Need some advise.
Posted : 10 Sep, 2009 10:24 AM

actually...it's the man who doing all the work on a date...really. all you have to do is to sit back and observe.

View Profile
History
Need some advise.
Posted : 17 Sep, 2009 02:55 AM

dear cindy, its hard to say as each date and person is diffirent ... just go and relax and be yourself and enjoy the moments of the date...

ole cattle

SSpokenStallion888

View Profile
History
Need some advise.
Posted : 19 Sep, 2009 10:16 AM

Cindy, i think many others can relate to your situation. As the one poster pointed out above, "Consider yourself lucky'!!" Usually the people that don't attract much attention, end up having the longest and most fullfilling relationship/relationships. It's something about not having alot of something in life, and then finally getting it; when you become totally appreciative of it and cherish it forever.

The guy that will fall for you, will be the one truly in my estimation. Theirs alot of girls on here, that do get asked alot and are constanstly seeked by men; but their usually the ones that either end up pregnant and alone, constanstly letting their hearts being carried of by men, go through multiple divorces, and just end up miserable and keep continueing the cycle. usually, they have these ultra high standards for the men they want in their lifes, based on the type of men that they constantly attract. As oppose, to someone in your situation, where you just want one guy to pay attention to you and your willing to be more forgiving and have high standards on character, rather than attitude persona.

if you end up finding him, you'll end up being together forever (whenever the world ends). Anyways, as far as advice goes: Take care of yourself, develop your christian character/god given gifts..personality, and more importantly your relationship with him. The more you develop your relationship/friendship with God, The less you'll feel lonely and the more hopeful you'll be in finding a mate. Practice all the spiritual disclaplines everyday and be sensitive to the holy spirits leading, don't worry; When your living for god or even doing something outisde of searching, he'll come along.

TaxMan

View Profile
History
Need some advise.
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 12:47 PM

Here's some advice for if you are asked out:

Say yes!

Go out, have a blast. Dont think that a date, or even a series of dates, is a commitment to anything more than having a great time while getting to know someone.

You obviously are not desperate and that sets you up for success! You'll be willing to say "Woh! CREEPY guy! Back away slowly..."

Of course, as the woman, you hold the power seat with this whole dating thing. Dont turn it into a series of games or that'll destroy the fun involved.