Author Thread: Hi there i have something to get off my chest
Admin

Hi there i have something to get off my chest
Posted : 13 Sep, 2009 09:59 AM

I met a lady back in February on here and we got along great so i focused on her and her on me. We got to know everything about each other and we fell in love. We talked about everything and after about 2 months we started planning to meet and we did at the start of July it was the best 2 weeks of my life. She also said it was the best 2 weeks of her life. After i got back we missed each other terribly she and i talked about marriage and she said she wanted to and wished i was there with her sooo much but then roughly a month ago we had a conversation one night which seemed to be one of our best ever we talked for hours about deep things as we usually did. We talked every night without fail in the 6 months we knew each other. But the next day from then forward she had not answered my calls. I was crushed. I feel so small and i don't understand why she did that can anyone help me figure out why?

We never ever argued we had different opinions every now and then and i would get sad because i missed her and as would she but i just don't know why..

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Sep, 2009 11:54 PM

Iit is amazing how in most of the comments nothing is mentioned about the holy spirit leading, helping us in our relationships, we should not be talking the steps without his continual council. One thing for sure is this on the internet people are talking to mulitple people at the same time and you would have to be double minded to continue in this path, Did anyone mention that fear is a spirit, where do we get it from that it is an emotion, it is the work of our adversary. Question is the relationship spiritually based or naturally based, if the natural is in the forefront can a spirtual being thrive putting the natural side of life first. To everything there is a season dont harvest the crop before it's time.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Oct, 2009 04:37 PM

I am so sorry for you! But, I must say, it is hard to REALLY know the person over this tube we call a computer. Getting to know someone is really a matter of interacting with them. We can type anything that sounds good, but when you actually see someone on a daily basis, well, that's when you find out who they are. We are all looking for acceptence and love. It is ingrained in us to want that. And, sometimes we want is so bad that we can talk ourselves into it even if we have doubts. My view is , if she did this, you are probably better off at this point. I know that doesn't help your aching heart, but let the Lord touch you and healing come into your life. Learn from it and ask The Lord to search your heart and teach you what you must learn from this. I will pray for you!

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2009 07:37 PM

Gosh Brother, I really hate to say this, but I cannot believe no one else mentioned it, but frankly it sounds to me like maybe she met someone else and didn't have the heart to tell you.

I mean, really, having her Mother post to you? That sounds to me like leaving the door open in case she wants to come back or something. Might not even have her Mother. I wouldn't do that for my daughter. It might have been her pretending to be her Mother.

Truly is unfortunate when people can't just be straight and honest with each other. Sorry this happened to you. Dating is tough.

mariangela

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Oct, 2009 03:34 PM

Dearest phillipj

i am refering to you, about u comment, you are such a fake and a liar, cause you tend to practice the opposite, and believe me all I have personal experience from this person. he is a LIAR...of note...

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Nov, 2009 01:11 AM

First of all, I am sorry that you've had to deal with something such as this. It's always hard to deal with being ignored/avoided. I have personal experience with having dated a guy that I met online, we lived three hours apart and talked on the phone for a while before we actually hung out and everything. We dated and come to find out, he only wanted a relationship to distract him from his problems. He actually admitted that. He even admitted that I was the best person in his life that he'd ever met. I think he was scared. We broke up earlier this year and hes been ignoring me ever since. I tried leaving casual messages to see how hes doing and nothing. So I understand your pain.

How long ago did you try messaging/calling her? How long has it been since you've talked? How far away were you all from each other?

I think those are three key questions. Also I don't know the fundamentals of the relationship that you guys had but I do know that a lot of my friends are easily scared and intimidated by marriage. How old is this girl? Sometimes age can have a lot to do with maturity, not necessarily though. I know I'm not ready to settle down just yet. Clearly she has some issues that she needs to sort out. I don't think it's necessarily anything personal. I think that she needs to come back on her own or else its not really real, ya know? Maybe she just agreed with everything so that she didn't hurt your feelings? Who knows, I don't know the girl. But I would definitey say to just take it as a learning experience, pray about it and just let God take control of the situation because worrying and stressing will get you nowhere. :) Good luck.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Nov, 2009 02:57 AM

dear brittzy ,,, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Nov, 2009 09:36 PM

Wow this is a deep post...I went through something similar. I think we all have, unless you are one of the lucky few who get married at 19. :) Thing is this. God is Lord of all. That may not seem to help much. But it can when we realize that God saw this coming way before we did and he already had plans to turn it to our good. God chooses us in the furnace of affliction. During this process , then you can get to the point that your focus is on Him and following His plan for your life. Then, God can restore you to twice of what you had before because you will be ready to receive bigger and better things. Either way, I'll pray for you brother and I hope we can all pray for each other. Cause we all need to guard our heart, not be moved by our emotions, because out of the heart springs the issues of life. God bless you! :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2009 10:08 AM

Man I'm sorry for you.I had a similar thing happen.I met a girl on here that I thought was the one,and we were as in love as you could be without meeting some.Agreed on everything,and all of the sudden after like a month of talking everyday for hours,she starts all this stuff on how she doesn't think I'm real and her parents said she can't talk to me.I asked her why and she wouldn't return my messages.So i eventually e-mailed her on facebook and she said she went into this whole rant and I told her I was sick of it and I was outta there.Sounds like you ran into a girl who maybe didn't care about you as much as she did her parents,or was too scared to commit when things got real.I do pray you find someone else,and you will.I will too,but this time hopefully she's not influenced by other people too much,or crazy.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Sep, 2010 11:15 PM

I'm so sorry about that happening to you. I agree she prob. had some sort of personal issue that eventually came out in the end -especially for her to not even have the decency to tell you why, that is so cruel and heartless really. Maybe you'll know one day, maybe not, but as hard as it is to do, I would try to just leave it be in your heart and mind. I've been messed around with emotionally too, and I can tell you, you deserve better. They say falling in love is easy; sometimes it is, and that connection seems so strong, but feelings are not the whole truth to something and they can be deceptive; you can't go by them. Doesn't make it much easier, I know, but I bet it just wasn't meant to be. Just have faith and pray that the right one for you will come along, in God's timing. When she does, you two will have a love and a bond deeper and truer than you've ever felt... with that girl who is "the one" for you.

Page : 1 2 3